←  Vendor Listings

Red Pepper Racing

»

Item Of Interest (shock Tower Bushings) No...

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 02 Jun 2011

QUOTE (GIFF @ Jun 2 2011, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in, too cheap to pass up. biggrin.gif

Too good to pass up.

JEA86's Photo JEA86 02 Jun 2011

i am in Put me down on the list!

sxpkpower's Photo sxpkpower 02 Jun 2011

I will try a couple sets.

Old School REX's Photo Old School REX 02 Jun 2011

I'm like Scott.... always looked for something like this. I'll take two sets please!!! Just let us know when and where to send the cash.

rileyescobar's Photo rileyescobar 02 Jun 2011

I'm in for 2 sets!

soycory's Photo soycory 02 Jun 2011

I'll take a set

Maine_Honda_Racer's Photo Maine_Honda_Racer 02 Jun 2011

Big washers work great......but awesome idea, good work! If I wasn't broke I would get some for sure.

Condor's Photo Condor 02 Jun 2011

Count me in.

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 02 Jun 2011

QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 2 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in though I'd love something that would take up the slack of my narrower-than-stock springs

I just had this issue with my swap, they were a near fit so i heated them up slightly and unwound the spring to the correct size to fit the pearch. I know that there is a need for some spring adapters for these cars, but from the looks of the pearch, the best way to do it wouldbe to copy the one that is in the car already with a mould and them just adapt it so its smaller, them make it out of liq-poly and call it a day. It would be quite the procedure to actually make these, and if i was to make them, i would have a seat for the typical 2.5 spring, because they are so common.

So #10 is the item i am making, the one that seats in the top of mount, inside the cabin, just to clarify. I just want to double check with you guys, but from the picture it looks like there is two bushings in each one, but my car has only one inside the cabin, the kit will have two bushings, one for each side.

anjin's Photo anjin 02 Jun 2011

"I just had this issue with my swap, they were a near fit so i heated them up slightly and unwound the spring to the correct size to fit the pearch. I know that there is a need for some spring adapters for these cars, but from the looks of the pearch, the best way to do it wouldbe to copy the one that is in the car already with a mould and them just adapt it so its smaller" Thats item #8.

The monkeytec spring set had aluminium replacements for #8. I can get the measurements off the set if anyone is interested in taking that to a shop to get a set machined up for themselves locally.

DEIVIONCRX's Photo DEIVIONCRX 02 Jun 2011

Chedda your second bushing was probably still stuck up inside the car, my hatch definitely has 2, one inside and one outside, if yours really only has 1 on each side thats entirely why there is too much slack in your setup.

I would be in for 4 for the race car.

GIFF's Photo GIFF 02 Jun 2011

So I guess I would need 2 sets to properly replace the old parts then? If so, I'm in for 2 sets.

JEA86's Photo JEA86 02 Jun 2011

yeah if you need 2 sets t complete the package put me down for 2

rinnaye's Photo rinnaye 02 Jun 2011

Oh hell,

Put me down for two sets as well.

Nice upgrade, too inexpensive to pass up.

Screech's Photo Screech 02 Jun 2011

I was thinking a set would be $20 for 4 of the bushings since the car uses 4 of them... sets of 2 seam odd to me.