Another Gen3 Bites The Dust

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

xunedeinx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1999 Nissan Quest
Jus got out of inspection, failed, miserably, and theres nothing they can outside of an engine transplant and new exaust to fix it. Failed hydrocarbons with a 1.93, i needed a 0.8. Guy said he hasnt seen that car even attempt inspection in years. Im bringing it to his bro saturday because his bro owns his own shop, said hopeflly he'll pass me for a few bucks. If he does, this car will be gone in a year, and im selling it, maybe even sooner, depends is i get cash.

Service bill, $300

on top of $90 altinator, $500 car, $100 brake equipment, $35 inspection, $20 fluids, and $850 from the blond crashing into me.

$500 doller car is now a $1860 car.

When i sell it, ill offer it here first for you out of NYS people, itll pass elsewhere, just not here or cali.

Fucking emissions.

Another one bites the dust.

xunedeinx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Someone from here jus mentioned that i should put a bottol of ethanol/methonmal alcohol, and itll fix my hydrocarbon issue.. is this true? if so, how much, and what kind? meth and eth are different...

i drive crap

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 crx, 80 monza <race car>
QUOTE (xunedeinx @ Jul 25 2005, 06:11 PM)
Someone from here jus mentioned that i should put a bottol of ethanol/methonmal alcohol, and itll fix my hydrocarbon issue.. is this true? if so, how much, and what kind? meth and eth are different...

I've tried about a 10-15% mix of methanol, and it worked great. You might also bypass the charcoal canister. If it's saturated, it will produce a ton of Hc's. Just make it look like it works, but put a bb or something in the vacuum line. Your cat might be punched out too... so maybe with a new one it'll run cleaner. Just a few ideas

xunedeinx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i think ill try the methanol

Where can i buy that?

Edited by xunedeinx, 25 July 2005 - 07:34 PM.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
to a half tank i put in 100ml of methyl hydrate and it worked for me. my HC's were REALY high on the idle test
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

xunedeinx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
but, where can i get it?

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
anywhere that sells paint
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
anyone have any recomendations on lowering NO output? My '85 CRX failed it miserably sad.gif And my plates expire today, so now I'm stuck without a (legal) car untill I figure something out...

Emissions are a joke. Has nothing to do with actual running conditions of the motor, its 90% situational. Last year I got my car tested 5 times in 2 days, and it passed 2/5, with wayyyy different results every time. The one time I failed one part of the test, literrally drove out the bay, aroudn the building, and back in, tested again, and passed that part of the test and failed a different part. Its just there to make $.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
For what it's worth... inexpensive cat.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -