Winshild Strim

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx si 1998 eclipise
im getting ready to paint wondering if anyone know if that trim piece around the windshild can be removed w/out removing the windshild

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
Not really. You would be better off just leaving it in. It is not available from Honda anymore. If you do get the old one out without damaging it too much it will never look as good when you try to put it back on.

I ran into this problem when I had my car painted. The bodyshop and glass place I talked to suggested just leaving it in. I had already removed the quarter window gaskets though. Big mistake... I wish I would have just left them alone.

sig1.jpg

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
as i have learnd with our style of cars in my new job. its a no that trim is acually part of the window. an you can easlly crack your window if you try to take it off. the front is more pron to brake then the side ones. as its a diff style of glass.

and side note the side glass its expencive for the crxs even in the junk yards there high priced as they arent made anymore.

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
the trim is glued in right after the window has been placed... so it should come out without taking the windscreen out. The windscreen is glued to the frame first - then the trim.

windscreen installers have plenty of window seal, thick and thin usually so you can just replace it.
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi