←  Vendor Listings

Red Pepper Racing

»

Medieval-pro Radiator Plate ** Updated W/...

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 10 Jul 2008

Prototype version pictured. Production version will be trimmed a little better and come finished in satin black paint. I can leave it plain aluminum if you like.

Price is $130 plus $10 for shipping domestic, $30 international.

These will be MADE TO ORDER. The first 5 will get free shipping (or discounted shipping for international peeps). If you guys want we can organize a group buy for 10, for 115-120, but I am not really interested in babysitting one.

Concept:

The stock header panel acts as a radiator cooling plate in itself. By removing it and installing a Medieval-Pro 1-piece hood you are solving some headaches but creating others. Air is allowed to flow over the radiator support reducing cooling efficiency, and air trapped under the header panel section is turbulent causing flapping of the MP hood. Newer hoods are a more rigid design, but this radiator plate will increase cooling efficiency while reducing the pressure under the hood. This reduces the need for hood pins.

The Medieval-Pro hood also deletes the stock grille piece on the stock header panel, causing an unfinished look between the headlights. This radiator plate incorporates a sleek grille design that finishes the look of the CRX front end with a 1-piece hood.

This panel mounts in all stock location with standard hardware.

Forgive the hood gaps in the pic. Scotts hood was popped under the hood pins. Normally the hood hugs the lights well and better conceals the mounting bolts.

Sgt. Pepper's Photo Sgt. Pepper 10 Jul 2008

Can't wait to see it.

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 10 Jul 2008

Yes marcus show us the goods.

Greetings Erwin.
ps. ive seen the part on the car of scott in some pictures

kakabox's Photo kakabox 10 Jul 2008

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jul 10 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picking up the prototype today. This thing turned out pretty nice! Thanks for the idea Scott!

Marcus

Should work for the 3g too...?

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 10 Jul 2008

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jul 10 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picking up the prototype today. This thing turned out pretty nice! Thanks for the idea Scott!

Marcus

Always happy to do my (small) part for the community.

Scott

1gencrx's Photo 1gencrx 10 Jul 2008

How wide is it? I made one last week out of some ABS I had lying around and it turned out really well, but I was about 8" short on either side. I was going to pick up some more ABS and make another one that was full width, but I may wait and see what you came up with.

ATXBoy's Photo ATXBoy 10 Jul 2008

QUOTE (kakabox @ Jul 10 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should work for the 3g too...?

:/
nope

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 11 Jul 2008

Marcus when you make pictures can you make an picture of the mounting of the place because i removed a part of the radiator support.

Greetings Erwin.

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 11 Jul 2008

BUMP!

anassa's Photo anassa 11 Jul 2008

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jul 10 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always happy to do my (small) part for the community.

Scott

Small part? Phhhhssss oh stop being so humble wink.gif , btw that does look good. Mr D, why do you have to make so much good stuff? By the time i get a certain amount of money saved it'll probably go to you and then the next amount too . . your going to keep me broke tongue.gif . Even if i yet have to buy something from you, but i just know it'll be an instant addiction. lol

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 12 Jul 2008

Hey Marcus,

what kind of material is the radiator plate made of ?
and can we get it without the mesh riveted into it ? ( no holes for the rivets etc.. )

Greetings Erwin.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 13 Jul 2008

Looks great. Sure would look nice with an Aluminum rad! What would look really trick is paint the front piece black then leave the rest raw.

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 14 Jul 2008

QUOTE (toxicshit @ Jul 12 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Marcus,

what kind of material is the radiator plate made of ?
and can we get it without the mesh riveted into it ? ( no holes for the rivets etc.. )

Greetings Erwin.

1- alumium
2- yes if you want. We put the mesh there more for looks than anything else.

Marcus

hondaCRX's Photo hondaCRX 15 Oct 2008

i wonder how it would look in black.

MrDisibility's Photo MrDisibility 16 Oct 2008

QUOTE (hondaCRX @ Oct 15 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder how it would look in black.

The same, but less reflective.