86 Crx Dx, Stalls At Idle When Warmed Up

• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

othrpinkthng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Dx, 1988 Acura Legend Coupe
Ok, I was going to jump the two wires together that go to the thermo-switch...this is strange, the radiator in my car has two of these thermo-switches, one on each side of the radiator. Only one is connected (the one next to the bottom rad hose)

I know this is not the radiator that came with my car, I replaced the original one about three yrs ago.

Hmmmm....
Ever see a radiator in a CRX that has two of these switches? or am I tripping?

And...should I just ignore the other one? (yeah, just ignore it and maybe it will go away! lol)
Ok, that was suppose to be funny...ahem blink.gif
The more I learn, the less I know.

http://profile.myspa...iendid=29851784

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (othrpinkthng @ Jun 8 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I was going to jump the two wires together that go to the thermo-switch...this is strange, the radiator in my car has two of these thermo-switches, one on each side of the radiator. Only one is connected (the one next to the bottom rad hose)

I know this is not the radiator that came with my car, I replaced the original one about three yrs ago.

Hmmmm....
Ever see a radiator in a CRX that has two of these switches? or am I tripping?

And...should I just ignore the other one? (yeah, just ignore it and maybe it will go away! lol)
Ok, that was suppose to be funny...ahem blink.gif

I believe mine has a similiar wiring connector on the drivers side that I have always just assumed was there for if the car was built as a RHD model, I've never noticed an actual thermosensor on the drivers side of mine(?). I jumpered just the one on the passenger side to check and eventually wired in a switch so I can turn it on when ever I choose to. I would start with just the passenger side one first!

Skip

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"