20 replies to this topic

C.J.

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1998 Suzuki X90
    • Image Gallery
http://www.hondaauto...o/j...TEC) (SI)

I think it's item #5 in this diagram, only $40 ish, I'll check at Advance tomorrow, they usually have good prices.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Parts car for sure, fine one and swap it out. Yeah its called a vaccum advance actuator. If you want you can go to locked ignition like i did.

BTW, your car would not be hard to start if the thing wasnt there, vaccum advance doesnt even work properly until full vaccum. Although the leak would be a better cause of shitty idle since there is alot of vaccum relayed to the device. If you have to, just plug it until you can get another.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

C.J.

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
Ok..

Yeah the idle is rough, I'm just gonna get a replacement, I'm gonna try not to block anything off without a good reason (like a part costing $400 or something crazy)

I still have my X90 as my DD, so I don't have to drive the Civic anywhere right now.

I sprayed some cleaner on the throttle assembly, and let it soak in, and it started on the first try. Not an awesome start, it idled at 500 RPMs for 10 secs or so, then went up to 1500, and hitting the gas still stalls the engine, but not AS badly as before. As before, once it is warmed up, everything works OK. I think more cleaning is in order, maybe the TPS is going out? It is a 250000 mile car.

C.J.

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
Ok, I'm now sure the computer is screwed. I pulled the hazard fuse and started the car no problem, but CEL was still on. I will break out the old multimeter and see if there's a broken connection, but I'm betting that the computer is gone.

a3h87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: i'm gonna need these keys to 87 honda
check for some type of leak??