Anybody Ever Run 175/50-13's?

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

broody

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: RT-4WD 1987
I don't see any htr2000 with 175-50-13 on tirerack, but 175-70-13. Anyways, this is the oem size, I don't see what's wrong with them.

I run 175-70-13 during winter and 185-60-14 during summer.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I pasted a link on my first post if you want to look at it
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

broody

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: RT-4WD 1987
Oh yeah, but still, why no 175-70? The speedo will remain accurate.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (broody @ Sep 1 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, but still, why no 175-70? The speedo will remain accurate.

I won't be using these tires on a daily basis, instead, just for fun and fun-related activities wink.gif

For my day-to-day driving I have a set of these
(RIP ea_hatch's car) with some decent firehawk GT's I had laying around only because I already have them- I'm not too thrilled about their size 195-60-15 Later I'll probably go with a set of 195-50-15's in whatever I happen to find. I had planned to buy a set of Potenza RE-11's but wider wheels would be better for the size I want- 205-50-15

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
i run the htr200 in this size. its a sick setup with a low car, but if you run a really big exhaust itll drag trust me. ive auto-xd these and they are ok with high tire pressure. IMO they are alot stiffer on the sidewall than the larger tires of the same brand

i mean, your final drive is like super short, so the gears fly by. i had them on my stock ls setup. the car is now turboed and i dont drive it cause its to low!!!! i got some 15s im workin on puttin tires on. but if that doesnt happen in the near future ill just jack the t-bars up a couple notches.

it burns them down in 3rd. anyways, i need more traction.

Edited by rexsk8er, 03 September 2010 - 01:07 AM.

russell74

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 05 chevy avalanche
just got my crx today 86 si and the tires on it are 185/60/14 is this wrong all you guys are running 13's and can they put 14's tires on 13's rims and don't laf for asking new to this

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (russell74 @ Sep 2 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just got my crx today 86 si and the tires on it are 185/60/14 is this wrong all you guys are running 13's and can they put 14's tires on 13's rims and don't laf for asking new to this

We're not going to laugh at you if you're asking an honest question- I'd imagine that it would be difficult to find the answer to that question by searching though, in the future, its always a good idea to search first. Answer is No, you can only use tires designed for the size of rim/wheel that you have- if you had a 15" wheel, you can only use tires made for 15" wheels. tires sizes almost always come in this format: ###/##R## for example most of our cars came with 175/70R13's. The first set of numbers "175" tells you how wide the widest section of the tire is in millimeters; the second set of numbers "70" is the percentage of the first number that makes the tire sidewall height; the R stands for radial (the type of construction of the tire); and the last set of numbers is the diameter of rim that the tire belongs on.

Now that you have this information, you should be pretty much set for most of your wheel and tire concerns.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rexsk8er @ Sep 1 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i run the htr200 in this size. its a sick setup with a low car, but if you run a really big exhaust itll drag trust me. ive auto-xd these and they are ok with high tire pressure. IMO they are alot stiffer on the sidewall than the smaller tire

i mean, your final drive is like super short, so the gears fly by. i had them on my stock ls setup. the car is now turboed and i dont drive it cause its to low!!!! i got some 15s im workin on puttin tires on. but if that doesnt happen in the near future ill just jack the t-bars up a couple notches.

it burns them down in 3rd. anyways, i need more traction.

Thanks for the picture and information.. yeah I bet you do lose traction in third gear- our cars with LS swaps will do that! My ls swapped hatch was a smoke bomb in rush hour traffic when I had it... its probably best that I don't have it anymore.
One thing I'd change with my setup when I look back, as far as traction goes, is that I should have saved and opted for an LSD or welded the diff. With good, wide street tires and both tires putting the power down, traction should be manageable I'd think

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (GrafKröte @ Sep 1 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wintertires last year were 175 50 R13.

You must be confused,those are 175/70/13s.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic; '87 Honda Prelude 2.0Si; '86 Honda Civic Shuttle; '92 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi
    Garage View Garage
Uh. Sry, you're right. 175/70/R13.

Posted Image

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
215/50-13 on 13x5

I have them on 13x5.5s now and they fit a bit better, obviously. Ideally they'd be on 13x6 or 7, but they're ok on narrower wheels.

Add air to the fronts for autox, remove air from fronts for drag. Good tires, though they are the old HTR100, not the newer HTR200.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
geeze those stick out a lot! I ordered the tires through NTB (my company's competition, I'm sure my boss will love this! they were about $10 more than tirerack but I wouldn't have to wait) and will be ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon though I won't be able to get them mounted until I can find a couple spare wheels or buy a set of lock nuts since I really don't want my LS mesh wheels stolen.