←  Projects

Red Pepper Racing

»

My Project Crx /3g Trailer

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 21 Sep 2006

the car is not lowered in the pic because i had to raise it up for the saftey dry.gif the guy that is doing it said he wont pass my car lowered dry.gif but whatever (i just hate how it looks like a moster truck)and this is only the second coat of paint and has not been sanded or anything and now i oviously have more work to do before i go forward (pics bring out stuff you dont really notice dry.gif )

have you guys seen those ebay 1st gen F1 style fenders for $240 bucks ohmy.gif blink.gif i made some for about 4 bucks lol and an hour of glassing and sanding laugh.gif here they are

drivers side

passenger side

i have more pics of the car but its taking to long with this dial up connection sad.gif

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMAN THE 3G TRAILOR biggrin.gif its in its first stages so it doesnt look to great but i got the hardest part done i cut it in half and made a little cage/frame out of 1inch square tubeing

has anyone seen the other half of my hatchie ????? laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

frameing with window laugh.gif

this sucker is low like allmost touching the ground laugh.gif (i think i might have to raise it a bit ) after the body work and welding though

my trailors ass sexy isnt it ? ( quit touching yourself ) hehehe

front straight on

ill have more tomorow im really tired i had a long day

peace mitch wink.gif
Edited by phatboycrxhf, 22 September 2006 - 06:07 AM.

87crxdx's Photo 87crxdx 21 Sep 2006

crx owns hatchie

pimp!

jjamiemmark's Photo jjamiemmark 21 Sep 2006

looks great man,I love the trailer.. biggrin.gif

JEFFtheJ00la's Photo JEFFtheJ00la 21 Sep 2006

thats the shit, im gonna have to do somethin like that now!!!(the trailor)

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 22 Sep 2006

QUOTE (87crxdx @ Sep 21 2006, 09:34 PM)
crx owns hatchie

pimp!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (jjamiemmark @ Sep 21 2006, 09:38 PM)
looks great man,I love the trailer.. biggrin.gif

thanks its getting there finally lol

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 21 2006, 10:11 PM)
thats the shit, im gonna have to do somethin like that now!!!(the trailor)

thanks i thought you guys would like that wink.gif but i think jeepgirl will like it the most since she is a big camper smile.gif (no more stuffing the little hatch with 1200 pound of stuff with one of these laugh.gif
but i never mentioned that the trailor is going to be stuffed with subs and amps for the yearly show out here and being the only guy that has a 1st gen crx and a 3g trailor i should do good but that way down the line there are still a few things to deal with (like getting it running) laugh.gif

few more pics
new headlights and i painted the polished thing that goes around them flate black to match the car but i think im going to redo them in a gloss to match the rims smile.gif thats why there were only 2 rims on the car because i am redoing them right now (just through them on for the photo shoot same with the trailor hitch/comealong thing just sitting there on it havent mounted it yet laugh.gif

nice shot i think smile.gif

painted interior (dirty of coarse laugh.gif )and you can sorta see the patch i did under the junk i think i posted pics in the past about me doing it buy anyways here it is

another interior shot you see the NOS sticker and the red buttons that gives me like 100000000000000000 horse power at a push of a button laugh.gif

and thats it for now but today i bought some amber corner lights that im going to mount on the rear bumper just so that when i take it for the saftey they dont bitch about the corners being shaved

oh and can anyone find the reverse lights ???? i think i stashed them pretty good smile.gif

peace mitch wink.gif

3gencivic's Photo 3gencivic 22 Sep 2006

well if your pulling a trailer like that i reacamend a solid hitch on your crx one that is like thebar style that gos and attaches to the tow bars bolts on the rear of the car. ten get the style of the hitch that has the angle up. so you can rise your trailer off the ground. i would get some shock in the rear of the trailer to get it up strong onesif your loading it with subs and amps.

i would also get stronger rear shocks i the rear of the crx. and new even if you think you dont need it new bushings on the crx pan hard par.

i have a trail for ym hatch and yea the hitch isnst great and the wait of the trail killed the pan hard bar bushings.

thanks i was thinking the same thing but i dont want a solid one you mean there for good right not coming off unless i cut right ???and for bolting to the tow hook thing i dont have one anymore since i put all new steel in the rear tongue.gif i was going to weld it back on but i thought fu#k it laugh.gif and i dont think its going to be that heavy right now stripped of every thing its like 100 pound tops i was tossing it around with one hand laugh.gif but im definetly getting a energy suspension kit asap i noticed that alot of my bushing were showing wear

3gencivic's Photo 3gencivic 22 Sep 2006

i was thinking the tow bar hooks that or on eather end of the fram in the rear it would be easy to weldup. a solid bar then weld to pecice of flat angle plats to the holes there shoudl be three on each side. on te fram of the car.

mine is on the center tow hook and it sucks for wieght.

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 24 Sep 2006

QUOTE (3gencivic @ Sep 22 2006, 08:25 PM)
i was thinking the tow bar hooks that or on eather end of the fram in the rear it would be easy to weldup.  a solid  bar then weld to pecice of flat angle plats to the holes there shoudl be three on each side. on te fram of the car.

mine is on the center tow hook and it sucks for wieght.

yeah that sounds good i have a bunch of that 1inch square tubeing lyeing around ill see if i can fab something up thanks smile.gif

peace mitch wink.gif

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 25 Sep 2006

well today i started sanding down the trailor and welding up the rocker panels (well whats left of them lol ) i found some terrible body work like bondo just gobed on there right over rust mad.gif but whatever im trying not to spend to much on this thing but man i think i might have to sink a bit into it now after seeing all the rust sad.gif but atleast i dont have to buy to much steel since i have the hole roof and whatever i can grab from the frontend laugh.gif

i ripped the tailights off and center piece and the rear bumper and went to town ill have pics when i fill the digi cam (for some reason i cant get them on the pc unless its on a disc so i have to drive a half hour to do that and pay 5 bucks for it so its kinda dumb to do it for 3 pics laugh.gif

oh and i allso installed my corner lights on my crx for the rear looks good i think im going to buy some for the front as well

peace mitch wink.gif

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 28 Sep 2006

did some more work yesterday to the bike carbs i added supports to the bottom of the manifold and weled one end and screwed to the carbs.even though there on there tight i wanted to make sure they wouldent fall off from vibrations down the road or something laugh.gif I wanted ti fire them up allready but i think im going to do it tomorow now sad.gif if not then saturday for sure these things better work mad.gif i hope there not to small

peace mitch wink.gif

kamikaze_fish's Photo kamikaze_fish 28 Sep 2006

Just my thoughts. Why make a trailer out of the hatchie if you've altered the rear of the CRX so much that only a true enthusiast would have any idea they were from the same years? I think it's a great concept but it gets lost when they no longer look alike. Second, I would recommend going ahead and removing the seat belts from the trailer and you could mount a cross bar using those bolts to help with the durability of the sides.

phatboycrxhf's Photo phatboycrxhf 28 Sep 2006

QUOTE (kamikaze_fish @ Sep 28 2006, 03:21 PM)
Just my thoughts.  Why make a trailer out of the hatchie if you've altered the rear of the CRX so much that only a true enthusiast would have any idea they were from the same years?  I think it's a great concept but it gets lost when they no longer look alike.  Second, I would recommend going ahead and removing the seat belts from the trailer and you could mount a cross bar using those bolts to help with the durability of the sides.

yeah you have a point and i thought about that allso but i wasent going to make a trailor when i bought the hatchback.it was going to be a bush buggie but after tearing the frontend off the damage and rust was way to much to fix on my own and there wouldent be a point so thats why i cut it in half :lol:and i allready had the tailights pretty much done on the crx but you never know i might make taillights like that on the hatch all the taillights are is a piece of sheet metal cut and bent to the shape of the car i cut four holes in it and then added strips around the inside of the holes to mount the lights too so i could do the same to the hatchback easy and you have to remember that i just started this thing and it is no where close to being done wink.gif

oh and yeah the seatbelts will be gone allso but i dont see the point in adding more to the frameing on it since im about 6 foot 260 and i was jumping on it and it wasent budgeing but thanks for the advice you never know i might do that down the line but at the moment i dont see the point with all the work i have a head of me allready with finishing the paint on the crx and getting the trailor decent and safe and starting on the enclosuer

peace mitch wink.gif
and trust me it will look good cool.gif

kamikaze_fish's Photo kamikaze_fish 28 Sep 2006

Sounds good. Another thing I was thinking about but could be too late since you've already done what you have, would be to place another hatch on the front of the trailer for enclosing it. If done right you would have access through the front or back of it, or you could just put it on and seal it like that with only access from the back. This is really making me think about trying the same thing if I run across the appropriate hatch to do it with.