My First 1/4 Mile Race

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
thanks for the saport. yea it pissed me off but like i said i had fun, and if i ever see a week of sun ihave some changes to do to the car to see what i bought will benifit me. i hvae finished my rebiuld of the weber carb i bought and have to now install it and see what it runs after its tuned,

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (91civicDXdude @ Jun 12 2004, 07:40 AM)
IMO, if you're not running 15s at the BARE MINIMUM, dont even bother posting.

18 seconds is SLOOOOW  blink.gif

I don't want to hear that again.

So what. Its slow, but at least there is room for improvement.

I raced my car first, and ran nearly 20 seconds. Since then, 1 year ago, I have brought myself down to 16 seconds, thats a 4 second difference. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post. Its that simple.

As for the rest of you guys, yes, I was there, but I got rejected at tech blink.gif
For once the guy had a good look at my car and said no way to my rust, and that I needed a back brace for my racing bucket. Shitty, but what can you do. I was pretty upset, so I dunno when I will be back... probably after the cam and the rest of the upgrades, but for now, I need to make my car safe and clean.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

CRXdan

What makes 15 seconds so fast?
I think even 15seconds is slow. What does your carrun btw 91cividx?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (91civicDXdude @ Jun 12 2004, 06:40 AM)

Immature statements like these really show a lot of ignorance.You won't gain any respect from anyone who actually races at the track.Real racers(not your yahoo street racer)knows that there is always someone faster (or could be)and that they could say the same thing about your car.
Stupid statement like these are what could kill an otherwise awesome forum.THINK before you speak!
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
Yeah, 15sec isn't really that fast, although if you can run a 15.0 you'll beat a lot of other Hondas. My guess is that civicdxdude is running like 15.8, if he was running 16's he'd have said 16's are fast.
IMO 14.0 and faster is fast for a street car. I've been in some 14.0 and 13.5 cars and even a mid 12 car. 12's is almost too fast for the street, traction becomes a big issue and I would hope that you wouldn't be street racing anyway.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

DarkHand

QUOTE (Rampage @ Jun 13 2004, 02:23 AM)
As for the rest of you guys, yes, I was there, but I got rejected at tech  blink.gif

That's what I'm scared of... I don't know how they'll react to a transmission covered in JB Weld. biggrin.gif
DarkHand

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
u know my car goes 19.34 on a bad clutch and when i went to the track and told the other one how fast it was they said good job then when i went to a meet where there were a bunch of ricers there they laughed so that comment tells me this board is being invaded by the rice clan.....i don't think it is fair that anyone make fun of the slower cars there is not alot of performance parts for the 1.5 carbs out there unless u wanna pay a shit load of money and only ppl who can do that is the rice asses that live with there mom and dad and cry to them for not having money

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Jun 13 2004, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Rampage @ Jun 13 2004, 02:23 AM)
As for the rest of you guys, yes, I was there, but I got rejected at tech  blink.gif

That's what I'm scared of... I don't know how they'll react to a transmission covered in JB Weld. biggrin.gif

depends on how well they get into looking at it..i highly doubt they will see it but if they REALLY get in there to look they might have a problem with it

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
I allways get hit in tech for my battery. I have it behind the passenger seat and it's only held down by a nylon strap. They whip out the NHRA rulebook and tell me I gotta have 3/8" bolts and a emergency shutoff yada yada yada.
I'm like look man, the fastest I'm going to do today is 14's, I'm not going to flip it.
Then they look at me like they want to hit me but they let me run.
And yeah, that dude is probably a stupid ricer with 2G tail lights epoxyed in.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
IMO, once you get into 16 seconds you have a competitive car. Most stock Hondas run around 16 seconds or so, and 16 flat is faster than a brand new SiR.

I look at it this way: Race for personal improvement, and once you get into the 16's, you are fast enough to start racing for wins.

My car did just under 20 sec with a burnt clutch. I put in a new clutch and ran an 18.5. Thats 1.5 seconds improvement, which is what matters! Then I ran slicks and knocked off an additional 0.25.

I then swapped to an Si motor and ran 16.4. Thats 2 seconds! Then I did a bunch of other junk and ran 16 flat. At that point I was no longer losing every race, and now I think my car is fast, especially when you look at the 4 seconds of improvement.

Anywhere between 14-16 is fast, if you ask me.

To add to what Ed said from my personal experience:

I talk about my car and say its a 16 second car, and I am proud of that! The people who are real enthusiasts know that I have come from 20 seconds and are impressed, and those who are not say that its slow. Bottom line.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Simple87Si

ok first of all.. this board was not built on the foundation of comparing 1/4 mile times.. it was built for support for those who have these cars and appreciate them.. in stock form or race form.. we are mostly here for support.. didnt your moms teach you any manners?.. if you dont have anything nice to say.. dont say it at all.. just because someone posts something.. doesnt mean you have to read it.. and even after reading it doesnt mean you have to post something ignorant.. if you disagree with something and feel that you need to post.. do it in a respectable manner..
on another note.. after the episode on mtv's pimp my ride ive noticed a lot of new members.. we're happy to have you here.. and we're very pleased to help you with any of your questions.. but please.. please.. remember that you are still guests here.. establish yourself.. share your knowledge.. and be nice..
user posted image

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
that cud have not been said any better simple good going chap and i hope the new ppl coming to this board will be full of knowledge to maybe lend sum to the inexperence ones but yes please lets all be on good terms and lets have fun and not put people down cuz of what they ran at a 1/4..remember that was his first time so maybe when he goes back after reading sum r@d's from the experence ones he will do better

pwr_crx

QUOTE (10secCRX @ Jun 12 2004, 11:34 AM)
no shit.

damn man that pisses me off, are you agreeing with this guy. We have so many newbs talkin shit these days. Ya i know im still a newb rolleyes.gif, but damn man this isnt a way to start off a reputation here.
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (91civicDXdude @ Jun 12 2004, 07:40 AM)

Yes, 3gencivic has a slow car, but its a 3rd Gen Civic.

You drive a 91DX... IMO, unless you have a 3rd gen civic, 1G crx, or car of this era, don't even bother posting.

Same idea, so don't think for a second you can talk to people like that, unless you are looking to leave.

Watch yourself in the future.

Cheers,
Mark

Edited by Rampage, 13 June 2004 - 09:46 PM.

SportInjectedClub

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
*standing up and appluding to Ramps* u know this place makes me feel so loved i just can't seem to keep it all in wub.gif sorry had a moment there laugh.gif