• You cannot reply to this topic
100 replies to this topic

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (3gencivic @ Oct 14 2004, 10:06 PM)
can i make another sajustion fo rthe bcit pepole too!  that  when we leave to TRY to say as a group and no racing some of us dont have the si or d16a1 engines so cant keep up that fast, i know its fun but for out of towners its hard.

thanks.

The best cruises i have been on (Not in the rex but Chevelle with hotrods and muscle cars) has been where whoever led the group stayed within the speed limit -people would pass us but will give us thumbs up for the cars and letting them have a chance to see all the cars (One girl flashed us as they drove by!! ohmy.gif ) People also respect that these cars which were built to run fast could have the maturity to respect others on the road. Looks damn good for the club!
Everybody has the need to boot it everynow and then but back it down to the speed limit after you end up leading. This way nobody has to speed to catch up and the cops won't pull the whole group over and ruin the day .(I've seen this!)
This to me is how a group can look and act like a respectible club on the road. Take it to the track if you have the need to showoff how fast you are- most people just think you're stupid to do it on the street.(Ricer tag!) dry.gif

Ed
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

eldo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Oct 14 2004, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (eldo @ Oct 15 2004, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Oct 14 2004, 07:47 PM)
Eldo:

are you still up for meeting at 8:30 off or near the Steveston Hwy Exit becaues I think that would be for the best so I dont get lost going to the N lot.

I will lose all internet contact by 3pm tomarrow (FRIday), so I hope you have time to respond to this, other wise I may call you on saturday.

Aren ,i will be on the side of the Hwy 99 just after the Steveston Hwy north- off- ramp (Basically on the right side of the hwy just after Steveston Hwy) at 8:30 am on sunday.It's an 86 rex white and silver.Call my cell if you don't see me .604-644-8890.

Ed

ok I will probly end up calling you in the a.m. on sun, but are you saying you will acttuly be on the side of the hwy? like on the sholder.... or that you will be off the hwy at the bottom of the off ramp?

I am just a bit confused.

Sorry about that Aren. Maybe like Andrew said, we'll meet at the info booth parking lot on the right side of Hwy 99 immediately after the tunnel .(Stay in the right lane before going through the tunnel)

Andrew ,i will be at the shop after noonish on Saturday(Have to do an estimate in Burnaby in the AM.)

Ed
Ed

cvcc_wagon

• PipPip
    • Drives: 1983 Civic Wagon 1.8l w/ sidrdraft Webers
    • Image Gallery
alright, maybe i will stop by them. otherwise i will call. you have an accurate scale right. i think they didn't machine enough off my flywheel
-Andrew Smit-
now the non-cvcc_wagon
mail to: smit_andrew (at) hotmail (dot) com
user posted image

-->Updated Honda Engine List Here<--

Mmmm... Webers

cvcc_wagon

• PipPip
    • Image Gallery
and now for some pictures
more pics from yesterday here

-Andrew Smit-
now the non-cvcc_wagon
user posted image

Mmmm... Webers

eldo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (cvcc_wagon @ Oct 14 2004, 11:07 PM)
alright, maybe i will stop by them. otherwise i will call. you have an accurate scale right. i think they didn't machine enough off my flywheel

The scale i have is in grams (for paint) so if you know how to convert to lbs?(My flywheel weighs like five thousand something grams......) blink.gif

Ed
Ed

eldo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
That looks so pretty ,Andrew!!! Is that Chevy orange?? biggrin.gif

Ed
Ed

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
so that is a noncross flow head huh, neat.

btw I have that same floor jack!!!

cvcc_wagon

• PipPip
    • Image Gallery
it's not chevy orange, it's just satin red (high temp paint) looks a lot more rich with the flash and it was still slightly tacky then so it had some gloss to it. not it is just satin but still looks good. the oil pan is painted silver which looks great against the red. i'll post pics of the current state later. and yes Aren, the first and second gen honda's had 8 valve non cross flow heads in the 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 (mine is 1.8). the 1.2 and 1.3 were 8 valve cross flow heads however
-Andrew Smit-
now the non-cvcc_wagon
user posted image

Mmmm... Webers

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey Ed, I want in for that breakfast too! wink.gif

And I ALSO have that floor jack laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (eldo @ Oct 15 2004, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Oct 14 2004, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (eldo @ Oct 15 2004, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Oct 14 2004, 07:47 PM)
Eldo:

are you still up for meeting at 8:30 off or near the Steveston Hwy Exit becaues I think that would be for the best so I dont get lost going to the N lot.

I will lose all internet contact by 3pm tomarrow (FRIday), so I hope you have time to respond to this, other wise I may call you on saturday.

Aren ,i will be on the side of the Hwy 99 just after the Steveston Hwy north- off- ramp (Basically on the right side of the hwy just after Steveston Hwy) at 8:30 am on sunday.It's an 86 rex white and silver.Call my cell if you don't see me .604-644-8890.

Ed

ok I will probly end up calling you in the a.m. on sun, but are you saying you will acttuly be on the side of the hwy? like on the sholder.... or that you will be off the hwy at the bottom of the off ramp?

I am just a bit confused.

Sorry about that Aren. Maybe like Andrew said, we'll meet at the info booth parking lot on the right side of Hwy 99 immediately after the tunnel .(Stay in the right lane before going through the tunnel)

Andrew ,i will be at the shop after noonish on Saturday(Have to do an estimate in Burnaby in the AM.)

Ed

ok I will meet in the info center lot, it sounds easy to find.

see ya there guys.

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The scale i have is in grams (for paint) so if you know how to convert to lbs?(My flywheel weighs like five thousand something grams......)

5000g = 11.023 lbs.

1g = 0.0022046 lbs biggrin.gif

Edited by 87ClubRed, 15 October 2004 - 03:07 PM.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
so how meny are meatting at bcit from the looks its like 7-8 or im i wrong this might be a good meet what is the totlat overall rampage?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Honestly I haven't been paying attention to the total number... looks like about 15 members or so.

Not sure, people might also bring friends, such as in my case, as I am bringing a friend to drive the Bulldog, and he's bringing a friend too....

I think we will easily top over 20 people at this one....

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Another thing, guys, I have the RPR stickers made up! I have a few extra, so make your reservations now if you want a set:

11.5" White x3 - D16CRX, -------, -------
8" White - x4 - 3gencivic, T-Bone, Shauno, Mark Petriw
8" Grey - x2 - Eldo, -------

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
i would bring both my cars but i dont have ANY friends tha tcan drive a stick or a car in that matter.