←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

3g Crx?

dkyk25's Photo dkyk25 02 Jun 2007

new crx should have some retro cues sum like this...
hehe i know some angles don't make sense but hey, i drew this up in like 40mins or so... hold your fires..

RedSIBaron's Photo RedSIBaron 02 Jun 2007

QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 2 2007, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
new crx should have some retro cues sum like this...
hehe i know some angles don't make sense but hey, i drew this up in like 40mins or so... hold your fires..

hmm, im not catching where your styling is coming from, im catching a little rsx in there with the front and stance, but im not seeing the lines as honda, plus the grill confuses me, with the new design language honda is using, the sharp squares in the front dont work for me...
im catching the 1g hood side bump inspiration and i really like the tail lights how you made a grill with the new corner designs but also incorporated teh rear window on the back of the car...the retro cues is good, but i think they need to be more incorporated with the new smooth lines honda is using on the civic...look at the new euro type r hatch...that has a lot of a crx in it, especially the back...i dunno, its working for what you want to portray though

SHOGUNOVDDRK's Photo SHOGUNOVDDRK 02 Jun 2007

i hated the del slow!

it looked like crap drove, like crap and was a horrid flop......

i just hope the new design doesnt end up like how some of the new hondas have been coming out of the woodwork!

some of the conpect pictures have made me vomit and some have looked really really scrummy tongue.gif

dkyk25's Photo dkyk25 02 Jun 2007

i actually saw the new EDM civic in person when i was in UK few months ago. it was the 4d version.
this thing is huge!.. at least comparted to the CRX/Civic as we know it. and it has no crx or civic styling cues whatsoever. if it didnt have the "H", it could well be mistaken as a Mazda or something. In a way, the hunchback kinda remined of Infiniti FX.

i didnt see the 2d or the Type-R (prob not yet released) but i bet the bulk is still there. Honda could simply bring this to US and call it a CRX, i guess... but seriously, it's no CRX!
i saw one like this...

and i believe honda is flirting with sharp lines lately...

Edited by dkyk25, 02 June 2007 - 01:54 PM.

watzizzname's Photo watzizzname 02 Jun 2007

That silver one on the previous post... is that a concept accord?

Looks nice.

As for the return of the CRX... it would be cool if the design came from a true fan of the 1g/3g era and had similar styling. I do like the idea of the "sporty" edition being wrapped around a K20 (or something similar). That would be sick.

bobdragster's Photo bobdragster 02 Jun 2007

QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 2 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i actually saw the new EDM civic in person when i was in UK few months ago. it was the 4d version.
this thing is huge!.. at least comparted to the CRX/Civic as we know it. and it has no crx or civic styling cues whatsoever. if it didnt have the "H", it could well be mistaken as a Mazda or something. In a way, the hunchback kinda remined of Infiniti FX.

i didnt see the 2d or the Type-R (prob not yet released) but i bet the bulk is still there. Honda could simply bring this to US and call it a CRX, i guess... but seriously, it's no CRX!
i saw one like this...

and i believe honda is flirting with sharp lines lately...

Not sure what that last one was, but if it's a new Civic.... I would take one.

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 02 Jun 2007

I have not seen a 2 door built on the Fit/Jazz platform and so I think that is most likely to be the basis for a new "CRX."

The Fit/Jazz would be a fitting (no pun intended) platform for a new CRX as the 4 door version sports struts in front, a solid rear axle located by trailing arms in back and a 1.5l engine. If Honda decides that they need mulitple 2 door Fit/Jazz-based models maybe we could get a "sport" coupe (CRX) and a Hatchie.

Scott

PowerWheels86's Photo PowerWheels86 02 Jun 2007

QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 2 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw one like this...

i think if they compress the back area and take out what looks like a backseat area then it might be more CRX fashioned... just my .02

evilGearhead's Photo evilGearhead 03 Jun 2007

To be honest with you, I hope honda never "brings back" the CRX
Think about it, with the way honda does things nowadays youd end up with a four seater, possibly four door 3,000+LB monster of a new VW lookalike.
No thanks.

I really dont want to see the CRX name slapped on something thats a complete opposite of everything the crx stands for. Light weight, sporty, simple and without frills, eye catching styling.
Face it, folks. Honda will never again make a car anything like a crx.

dkyk25's Photo dkyk25 03 Jun 2007

QUOTE (bobdragster @ Jun 2 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure what that last one was, but if it's a new Civic.... I would take one.

tha's the latest Accord Coupe concept. i took the pic at Chicago Auto Show 2/07.

QUOTE (evilGearhead @ Jun 3 2007, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest with you, I hope honda never "brings back" the CRX
Think about it, with the way honda does things nowadays youd end up with a four seater, possibly four door 3,000+LB monster of a new VW lookalike.
No thanks.

I really dont want to see the CRX name slapped on something thats a complete opposite of everything the crx stands for. Light weight, sporty, simple and without frills, eye catching styling.
Face it, folks. Honda will never again make a car anything like a crx.

i think that is very true...
we'll never get another crx that's worthy of its name... what we WILL get is more disappointments...

SHOGUNOVDDRK's Photo SHOGUNOVDDRK 03 Jun 2007

QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 4 2007, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we'll never get another crx that's worthy of its name... what we WILL get is more disappointments...

the truest yet most harsh statement of all

but yep that whale of a civic sure was ugly....

watzizzname's Photo watzizzname 03 Jun 2007

QUOTE (dkyk25 @ Jun 3 2007, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This just gives us more reason to maintain and rebuild these classic cars.

In Washington state (at least) a car that is 25 years or older can apply for a 'classic car' license plate, and no longer is subject to emission testing...

just a few more years... biggrin.gif

JU5TIN's Photo JU5TIN 04 Jun 2007

saw this on this page:
http://motoring.iafr...ives/327844.htm

but i duno they all look... not a sexy as 1g
maybe close to this

but still not as good as og

Justin
Edited by JU5TIN, 04 June 2007 - 12:36 AM.

AllGo's Photo AllGo 04 Jun 2007

QUOTE (PowerWheels86 @ Jun 2 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think if they compress the back area and take out what looks like a backseat area then it might be more CRX fashioned... just my .02

I dont' like the red one, but here's mine:

Looking for a type-r now:
http://www.what-type-r-you.nl/

dkyk25's Photo dkyk25 04 Jun 2007

nice color/trim.
i can already tell that the rear hatch glass (specially the bottom portion) would cost a fortune to replace if it ever breaks...