←  Carbs

Red Pepper Racing

»

Hey Peppers, Just Picked Up A Set Of Cbr 6...

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 20 Jan 2015

I just picked up a set of bike carbs. Still waiting to get them. If you have any tips to help me get started that be awesome. I've already looked up a lot of different forums and have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do. Just looking for a few little tips it might help me along the way.

Keep in mind these are going on an 85 cvcc head.

Things i have:
whole 86 crx to test fit and rough tune them on, courtesy of my fellow crx junkie A.M.
Intake manifold
Low pressure fuel pump

kel's Photo kel 21 Jan 2015

I would use the pump from the bike, its the best way to fuel them as they are self regulating.

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 21 Jan 2015

Awsome. Thanks. Was reading in a few bike fourms and they seem like solid cards. Guess I need a carb sync

WhereIsMyWrench's Photo WhereIsMyWrench 22 Jan 2015

I too have been looking into this. What Kel said +1. Usually best to use the bike pump from what I have read. 

I have seen some that did fine with a mechanical pump at low pressure and read about some others leaking fuel at anything over 2.5 psi... 

You MIGHT be okay with the stock mechanical pump. 

One thing I have noticed when searching the web is it's better to just look for ANY bike carb setups than search for those for Civic specifically. There is a lot of good info on some UK based sites too.

Best of luck too you. Keep the updates coming. Maybe I'll get a set for my car if it goes well for you.

-Pat

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 22 Jan 2015

Just shipped today!!! Didn't think to check out uk builds, haha been looking at a bunch of pics from the uk though. Thanks. Think my fuel pump might be a little worn out anyways.

If I can get a bike airbox to fit, I would love to use it to utilize the ram air effect they make.

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 24 Jan 2015

Looks like I'm getting them on Monday!

e30.Alex's Photo e30.Alex 24 Jan 2015

if you get yours monday and mine dont come buy them im egging your house haha

your friend A.M. haha

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 24 Jan 2015

What do you think of this little guy?

https://imfsoft.com/...ci#toc-software

e30.Alex's Photo e30.Alex 25 Jan 2015

I wonder how much shipping would be

Don't look to bad and for $300 that's a really good price

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 25 Jan 2015

Yeah shipping, saw this set up on a UK built, turbo bike carbed, rear engine car. Its a Skoda or something like that.

e30.Alex's Photo e30.Alex 25 Jan 2015

Oh no haha are you thinking of going boosted on bike carbs

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 25 Jan 2015

I do have the little 200 hp Borg Warner lawn mower turbo. Not a bad idea...

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 21 Feb 2015

Sorry for taking so long to update. So I got the carbs, made a cvcc bike carb manifold with the stock 85 dx cvcc manifold using some pepper info, and a good hacksaw. (Thanks everyone on here!!) Just need some boots to get the carb angle up to 30°, With a few days of tuning I would be on the road.

themilkguy's Photo themilkguy 22 Feb 2015

Following this thread... I have a set of carbs off my 87 Ninja 1000R and I have always thought about mounting them.

Best of luck, looking forward to reading more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blow_through_85cvcc's Photo Blow_through_85cvcc 18 Mar 2015

Cash is tight but I was able to swing some 45° 4 ply,38mm I.d. silicon hose for $5 bucks each! They are on the way from Hong Kong.