What Paint Scheme Would You Prefer?

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

Poll: what paint scheme would you prefer?

what paint scheme would you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
hi rpr folks! well, living up here in Manitoba Canada we have ALOT of snow this time of year, and my lack of having a garage with room for all my projects has left my crx out in the cold and not too easy to work on dry.gif but fret not! i realized i had to cut down the herd, so after not much thinking, i put my other project car, a 1990 nissan 240sx with silvia frontend, up for sale. it was kinda an easy choice, i really liked the car, but the crx's are my first love.. i mean, project. well, the 240sx is pretty much sold (guy is coming with cash this week) so now i have found myself with extra cash and my crx's.... hmmmm...

well enough intro. my plan is to send the crx for paint sometime soon, so that by the time spring/summer rolls around im that much closer to having a drivable crx. right now i have two paint schemes in mind, and have been tossing both ideas around equally. so i thought just for fun why not get some other 80's honda fans to give me their opinion. it gives me ideas and helps kill the winter blues. so lets hear which paint scheme you prefer:

1. two tone black/white

(like this but black on the bottom instead of grey, but you get the idea)

2. classic 80's honda racing paint scheme

(like this but with the word Honda on the side, maybe different lines, and maybe some decals or something)

(i was having trouble finding exactly the paint scheme on a 1g crx that i was envisioning, so if you have a better picture feel free to add it to the thread! and if these crxs belong to someone on this site, sorry for not asking for permission to use it, and if you wish i will remove it)
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
im not a fan of 2 tone or graphics. i vote one solid color
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
unless its a racecar, paint it like a street car.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm a sucker for the wihte on grey 2 tone or red/grey.. The panda style is OK I guess white/black

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
I don't think the racing scheme will look OK unless it's on a widebody... and you, sir, are most certainly NOT a widebody.

(I think that's a compliment, in some circles.)
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
thanks so far for everyones opinion, and please keep em coming. whether you like one, both, or none, i would like to hear everyones thoughts.

QUOTE (Christ @ Jan 11 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think the racing scheme will look OK unless it's on a widebody... and you, sir, are most certainly NOT a widebody.
(I think that's a compliment, in some circles.)

well you know what, its about TIME someone noticed that ive been going to the gym laugh.gif
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

87mugencivicSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 98 Cavalier (sold), 87 civic Si (sold) *tear*, 99 Grand Am 2.4L
definately the two tone

^i miss her dearly

wills85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 civic
TWO TONE!!!!!

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I pick option three: move south where you don't get winter blues wink.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

C8V6C

Yeah, I think the two tone looks clean....the decals don't do it for me

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Lt. Dan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
I'm an idiot. I like the racing graphics... lol...

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
thanks for all the input guys, it is much appreciated..... now i know this may sound stupid or silly, but i got an idea. i was thinking if i can do the paint myself (ive done prep work before and have friends who have painted before) i can save myself a bit of cash that can be used elsewhere on the car. now here is my new paint scheme idea...... what about a flat greyish green, with a paint scheme similar to the one below:

I know, i know, its pretty out in left field, but the more i think about it the more i like the radicalness of it. it would be cheap, fun, and different. i would maybe leave out the mash words, and maybe the first aid symbol, not too sure. so yeah, let the mocking begin! tongue.gif

ChrisF-dude