Man This Sux

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 93 civic coupe and Si hatch, 07 Dodge Megacab dually 3500 Cummins Turbo diesel truck, 75 chevy blazer, 79 Chevy Truck, 59 Ford Fairlane 85 Chevrolet Camaro.
    • Image Gallery
last weekend i went to check on this 84-85 crx i have known about for a while. wanted to see if it was aquireable. Its been sitting for at least 2 years at this farm near where i live. when i got there there was know one there so i quickly ran up to the car to see if it was worth comming back for. Score!!! no rust in quarters no major dents other than the front bumper and black headlight bezzel on passenger side was busted thats ok i have all these parts. as we backed out the drive way some one pulled in i asked if the car was available the guy told me that it was his roommates car and he wouldnt want to get rid of it cause the use it as a field car...!!! my jaw DROPED!!!!!! i couldnt believe it. it wasnt that bad i was offering to buy it. (not for much) but buy it anyhow!! he said they blew a front tire out and it tore up a fender i didnt see and fender damage when i had looked at it he said that he was sure his roommate would probly not get rid of it. i just shook my head and left i think i might stop by again another day and see if i can talk to the acutual owner its definatly better then mine but geeze a feild car. A G_D DA_N FEILD CAR. when will people learn not to kill poor defenseless oldschool 1st gens like that they need a proper burriel like dynamite or a day of striping and then cut into peices with the sawzaw just thought id vent alittle SON OF A BIT_H
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

<---- Me Being Sniped by CHRISFDUDE on EBAY!! HAHAHA

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 Geo Prizm
I'm oblivious... What is a "field car"?

87crxdx

when u have large property something to get around in

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
And since the car will never be driven on the street, you don't bother to get it inspected, licensed, or insured, so all it costs is gas money to run. And if it does, leave and get another one and repeat the cycle.
2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ah...i guess being city-folk i've never encountered such things.

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
here they can drive with FARM USE ONLY painted on the back.... you always see atleast one heap a weak around town.... lol

holler if you hear me.... lol laugh.gif

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

wannab16a

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85crxsi
ya, i hear you.... misspelling WEEK! lol laugh.gif i would think that something with a little more ground clearance would be a good canidate for a field car... to each thier own if the leave MINE alone

wilq

• where am I and how did I get in this handbasket?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si b18a1 turbo(under restoration),87 crx hf dohc turbo,86 crx dx dohc,91 integra ls,76 Ford F350 4x4,04 Subaru WRX STI
    • Image Gallery
field car

Normally a vehicle used for high speed runs through a woods on a farm for pure entertainment.Large amounts of beer are normally consumed on these adventures to make hitting things more fun(trees,rocks,other cars,small woodland creatures ect.)A car is normally chosen that is tuff and a car that hauls alot of people(not a 2 seater).You try to spend only the least amount of money to keep it running until it is finally distroyed when it is retired and new field car is obtained.

a retired field car

old crxs never die they just get faster
The offical Chrisfdude ebay sniper club member &Team BUrnOUt member #2

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
oh that just sounds like too much fun smile.gif
Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ah...i get it now...

we used to use my 87 Accord LXi hatch for that because the frame was bent beyond repair.

we spray-painted it orange, painted a japanese flag on the roof, and "01" in kanji on the doors. it was known around town as the "General Ree".

one day i suited up in motorcycle gear and a helmet and hit a jump at 90 mph in that thing. i did a 90 degree spin in the air and came down hoping that the car didn't roll. it didn't, but less than an hour later i took a deer out with the front bumper (not on purpose), effectively ending our summer of fun.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
wow....if that's true....you win the dumbass award tongue.gif
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (LEW @ Jul 24 2003, 08:13 PM)
here they can drive with FARM USE ONLY painted on the back.... you always see atleast one heap a weak around town.... lol

holler if you hear me.... lol laugh.gif

Does this count as a "field car", with that rear plate?

http://webpages.char...gleyFarmUse.jpg

I grew up on a farm, and there was a car or two to drive around, years ago.

BTW, I recently put the Farm Use plate back on my race car.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

crxxxSiR

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
haha yeah i have a 1st gen and i use it for rally racing. its my car and i do whatevr i want with it haha. yeah wilq that is a good explanation of a field car haha my buddy has a tempo he drives in the dunes and jumos its awesome. but yeah crx's make kick ass rally cars i keot uop with a dodge ram. haha and btw large amounts of thc is consumed my neck of the woods haha lol. umm but an unfortunate accidnt haopedned toi me b4. the sway bar mounts thingy fell off and i had to spend $80 for labor for welding an di prepped it myslef. yeah and it took 2 wks! grrr haha.

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 civic coupe and Si hatch, 07 Dodge Megacab dually 3500 Cummins Turbo diesel truck, 75 chevy blazer, 79 Chevy Truck, 59 Ford Fairlane 85 Chevrolet Camaro.
    • Image Gallery
the day that the picture that wilq posted was taken he had a party (obviously) and we beat that car around pretty good. well it started running like shit so we stoped running it cause noone felt like working on it sooo a friend of mine got this wise drunken idea to get his friends dodge sundance early 90's that was FORSALE and enter it into our little drunken competition when the car arrived every one was asstonished it was in great shape and ran great nothing wrong at all.. And dont tell me that those cars arent tuff they hit a tree that took them to a dead stop and it didnt bend ANY sheet metal. im not kidding some how it drove the driverside wheel back about 5 in but didnt hurt anything else it . the tire rubed a little after that the next time it went out it almost made it home but a cv broke and it was left behind my friend that brought down then towed it to the junkyard the next day
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

<---- Me Being Sniped by CHRISFDUDE on EBAY!! HAHAHA

ZonderZout

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: CRX 1st Gen, Nissan Sunny (until crx is fixed again)
Ah man, I've got to move over there! You idiots have a lot of increddibly funny shit to do there!