S2000 Swap

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx DX
i was wondering if anyone here has swaped an engine from a 03+ s2000 into there rex or have considered it
any ideas on how much this swap would cost over all?
250 hp 4 cylinder and rear wheel drive seems awsome to me
Thankyou mods for resizing my grossly large pic.
user posted image

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
anything is possible...how much $$$$$ you got?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ May 22 2006, 05:07 PM)

hahaha thats what I was gonna say.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (jerfguy @ May 22 2006, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ May 22 2006, 05:07 PM)

hahaha thats what I was gonna say.

wurd
1GRPhotography
MySpace

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
whyyyyyy does this remind me of the nasty ass very built drag PINTO with a 460 WITH blower come to mind in terms of discribing the skittish over powered squirrely ass rear passing front fires driving style,I saw once.
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
i have been dreaming about a s2000 powered crx hmmm.....maby one day

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
i was thinking bout the same swap.....i was just curious wut sum1 would have to do to swap it in.....

oh and not to be correcting any1 but the s2k has 240 wink.gif

wut about a s2k motor w/ fwd tranny?.....wut tranny would be needed? huh.gif

<---still curious

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
the s2k engine is not sideways in the engine bay...i sont know if anyone has taken this into consideration
1GRPhotography
MySpace

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ May 22 2006, 10:27 PM)
the s2k engine is not sideways in the engine bay...i sont know if anyone has taken this into consideration

yea...but instead of having it like normal......put it sideways and mount on a fwd tranny

remember....with $$ anything is possible biggrin.gif

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
QUOTE (SilverRex-Bullet @ May 22 2006, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ May 22 2006, 10:27 PM)

yea...but instead of having it like normal......put it sideways and mount on a fwd tranny

remember....with $$ anything is possible biggrin.gif

well the new K series...winds ALMOST as high and makes an EASY 200 HP..
and that IS a FWD setup.
the F22C1(S2000) is ALOT screamier,and makes LESS power down low.
you gotta wind the fuck to get the power,and of that it doesnt even ENGAGE it's VTEC until 5800RPM.....not great for a fwd setup....WAYYyyyy to much torque steer.
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
250 hp 4 cylinder and rear wheel drive

The easiest thing to do would be to put a CRX Body on the S2000 chassis, complete with engine, trans, and suspension.

This is the easiest way to keep the rear wheel drive.

Adapting the driveline to a CRX would be incredibly expensive. Starting with making a transmission tunnel.

I have a friend with a 1970 MGB-GT and I keep telling him to put an S2000 drivetrain in it.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Madkore @ May 23 2006, 01:02 AM)
250 hp 4 cylinder and rear wheel drive

The easiest thing to do would be to put a CRX Body on the S2000 chassis, complete with engine, trans, and suspension.

This is the easiest way to keep the rear wheel drive.

Adapting the driveline to a CRX would be incredibly expensive. Starting with making a transmission tunnel.

I have a friend with a 1970 MGB-GT and I keep telling him to put an S2000 drivetrain in it.

that might work if the length was near the same(iono) and yeah... if the s2000 had a frame but it doesnt, its unibody sad.gif

but here's a thought why not a 240sx driveline, cheap and good aftermarket and similar to the s2000 (4cyl inline with a rwd tranny)
if you can weld and have 4 good jackstands it isnt all that far fetched it just might cost you $300(?) for materials + you'd probably want to do more for chasis rigidity like make minor a roll cage or a full1

i think its possible to make a crx rwd with a s2000 or 240sx driveline at or under 2000lbs that handles as good or maybe better than a fwd version. im waiting for someone to do it!
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx DX
i thinks its doable but i have no $$$$
maybe find a couple wreaked 2000s
Thankyou mods for resizing my grossly large pic.
user posted image

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
the Kseries tranny bolts up to the s2000 f series motor... the problem is the motor spins the wrong way... so you would have 6 speeds of reverse.. Doing this swap would require destroying a prefectly good crx.. Then the process of converting to IRS and all the time and effort it wold take to figure every little thing.. But I guess if you had a solid rear axle like out of the 3g 4wd wagon, something like that would be doable.. but then where are you going to put the tranny? destroy the center section of the car? then what about the driveshaft and rear diff assembly? continue cutting up the floor and then firgure out a new place to have a gas tank... I just think its too much work and to much destruction to ruin a good handling fun easily modable car...sorry not meaning to poop on the parade..tongue.gif

-Brian

Edited by BigOrange, 31 May 2006 - 11:06 PM.

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

Old School CRX Swap

• Too Many Projects
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si with B16A, 92 Honda Civic Hatch With a GSR, 87 V8 4Runner, 72 Chevy Pickup SWB
if you want an s2000 engine buy an s2000 if you want a rwd crx i think it would be tight to make it mid engine it would be rwd and easier than putting the engine up front inline and it may handle good if you want a high dollar engine in the back put a k if not a b series would work to

there is all this talk about this kind of stuff and not a lot of people are willing to break out the sawz all but there is that one hatch with a v6 in the back and that other one they kept talkin about putting an sr20 in and making it rwd but they made it as far as cutting the floor out and i havent seen much since

the only realistic way to make a rwd front engine crx with out cutting the shit out of it is use a crv tranny or awd wagon for d series and locking the inside of the tranny to make it go to the rear only then put an awd wagon rearend in this similar set up has been done on an integra and worked they actually drifted it in competion too this way you wouldnt have to make a transmission tunnel

all of what i said is easy to say but hasnt been done much so who wants to cut up there car and make something like this work
B18C Power One Of These Days
1/4 Mile Times With B16A This Summer For Sure!!!