The Black Pepper

• You cannot reply to this topic
158 replies to this topic

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
A car thats 4 years older than I am. Its a 1986 Civic SI hatchback, and its in terrible shape. I named it black pepper, I do realize its not black yet....

Its not in the best shape, but I plan to replace most everything but the shell. At first it was just going to be a background project, but now that this happened its going to be my DD.

So far Ive done the following:

Replaced battery
Replaced alternator
Integra brake swap
General maintainence such as changing oil, flushing radiator, sea foaming it, and changing the spark plugs
Replaced fuel hose and cleaned fuel tank(finally!) mad.gif

I plan to do the following:
Redo the horrible body work that was on the car when I got it
Make patches and fix the rust spots
New wheels(white) and tires, 14x6" wheels and Potenza tires?
Moderate suspension work
Some tunes
Black paint
Finally if I make it this far, B18 engine swap.

Edited by warder, 23 October 2006 - 09:30 AM.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sounds good. why are they using a pump? there is a drain plug in the bottom of the tank..ants suck!!! i was swapping my sedan and just let the antifreeze spill on the ground (that way i dont gotta mow my driveway, lol) and the next day fireants took my car over. it sucked.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well theyre using the Fuel Injectors, I dunno why their doing it that way, doesn't make much sense to me. Their also gonna clean the FI's so I guess they decided to get two birds with one stone. Becareful with antifreeze, dogs and cats tend to get into it and can die from eating it.(Tastes like sugar.)

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (warder @ Aug 10 2006, 02:12 PM)
First things first, I'm sixteen, I don't have any pictures yet, and I'm not doing an engine swap at this time. But I have no intrest in rice beyond food,

I like you already cool.gif !

Nice find too BTW! FWIW that "box thing" under the passenger seat is the ECU, or computer, that controls the engines fuel injection system.

I appreciate everything you mentioned doing to your car.....except the darkened lights thing. It's a safety thing with me though, I like to see where I'm going day AND night wink.gif .

Good luck with everything.

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I thought it didnt have that much of an impact on how well the lights worked? Do you have any picture comparisons of it? If you're concerned with safty these arent exactly the best cars for you... When I saw mine I thought how bad it would be to get in a crash with it. Its pretty much a go-kart without airbags.

I KNEW THAT WAS THE ECU! He said it couldn't be the ECU, I KNEW IT!

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sounds great, good description of the car, get some pics up when you have a chance and good luck.

hawk86

• ah rice is good.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 nissan 300 ZX, 85 crx hf, bagged 94 s-10
    • Image Gallery
7 letter in a licence plate biggrin.gif
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27167

NO kittie thats my pot pie! NO kittie......Mom kitties bein a dildo.......well i know a certain kittie thats sleepin with mommy tonight..

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hmmm... so "BlkPepr" or "BPepper" or "BlakPep". Whatcha think? Anyone know anything about classic cars liscense plates? I think Im gonna steal my friends camera, but I might not have any pictures until after the cars painted. :\ You wont get to see any of the body work we're doing. Hopefully you wont be able to tell where we did it. blush.gif

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I do believe you have to pay something like $25+ to pick a liscense plate lettering....not the best expense of money but...
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if the gas is old why woulkd you wanna suck it outta the injectors? dunno...

see i live in the country. i shoot any dogs that arent mine. and cats are a dime a dozen. i just use em for gettin rid a mice. they usually get eaten by the coyotes first.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I personally think the more little details you put into your car, the more personality it will have, and the more memerable the car will be. I was looking at lisense plates that you can get here in VA, the closest thing to what I want.

You can't personalize it, but Id rather have a white on black liscense plate rather than a personalized normal one. I dont think the cops would mind if I marked out where it says "ANTIQUE VEHICLE."

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can buy a new exaust system? The one on the car now is rusted near the end. Also anyone suggest something other than the CD player Im looking at?

Sorry Im posting alot, but its hard waiting to work on my car some more. dry.gif Trying to figure out as much as I can while I have time to think it all out.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
meh... I say go for a newer civic or accord CD player
Right now I have an 88 or 89(dont remember) accord tape deck stereo and its alright but I rly want a newer model civic cd player, they're cheap on ebay and pretty good.
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sounds like a good car. I suggest pulling all the rubber seals around the doors, sunroof and hatch and look for rust under them, popular place for it. Did it include the complete sunroof kit, being sunshade, bag, wind deflector and hold down straps in the back?

Radio wise I just have a 99 CR-V head unit in mine, added the extra wires for the illumination so the unit acts completely stock.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Uhh Im not sure, I dont think it has any of that. Theres no bag to my knowlege, and the sunroof looks completly basic. I haven't opened the sunroof yet, Im hoping theres no rust in there either. Why do you ask about the kit?

Still wondering about exaust systems I could use.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (warder @ Aug 10 2006, 05:16 PM)
Uhh Im not sure, I dont think it has any of that. Theres no bag to my knowlege, and the sunroof looks completly basic. I haven't opened the sunroof yet, Im hoping theres no rust in there either. Why do you ask about the kit?

Just wandering if you got it or if you'll end up being someone else looking for in before too long. smile.gif