Just Went Turboedit

• You cannot reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic

toxicshit

QUOTE (NNBD @ Oct 29 2004, 09:58 AM)
hmm i've searched many hours to find any information on turbocharged hondas (crx) in holland. I couldn't find anything about it, so i thought nobody had ever done such a thing. Im sorry, i was wrong....

look at the big dutch honda tuning clubs wink.gif or contact one of those businesses wink.gif they will help you and will do a good job, i would say try R-Speed belgium , or Hyper store ( Rotterdam ) or TCC ( amsterdam )

Greetz Erwin
and check out my honda club www.hondamatics.nl
or www.streetlegalhonda.nl at these clubs there are lots of people doing a turbo project.

@ dan,

jupst its not the boost but teh detonation, but over here in The netherlands its alway cold and moist so we can do some more as some guys in cali etc.

its onley really warm over here 40 days a year and then it reaches a max of 35 degrees celcius.

normaly tis around 10 degrea and lower in the winter biggrin.gif so its cool.

Greetz Erwin

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

toxicshit

QUOTE (NNBD @ Oct 29 2004, 11:13 AM)
oke...you only talk about adding more fuel, but how about the spark retard ?? I thought an boost contolled spark retard is an absolute must on a turbo car.

I'm pretty confused know. Oke..i already knew i really have to put in more fuel. but how about the spark retard ?

dan uses Turbo edit on a OBD0 ECU and wiring, turbo edit is a Standalone fule management system. and its adds a turbomapping on you standard fule map, and its does ignition retarding of the amound of deg you like per psi boost

like 1 degree per pound of boost. and then changes the ignition map according to the value it reads on its map sensor.

Greetz Erwin

cr-x.jpg

NNBD

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.6i DOHC 1987
hmm I'll check out those sites.

Btw, Can i contact you some day when i'm beginning with my project to get some dutch help? The technical english isn't always clear to me. I mosty know what they are talking about but sometimes I can't get the details clear.
And maybe you've got some dutch info about fuel mapping and chipping etc. I want to learn it, but don't know much about the chipping yet. I'm doing HTS werktuigbouwkunde, and got friends who are 1, a university informatica student (last year) and know a teacher in unstable combustions at the university in eindhoven so when i have the information i need....we'll probably figure it out tongue.gif

NNBD

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.6i DOHC 1987
PS.....bit offtopic but i've read om your site (toxicshit) that you've lowered the front of your gen1. Here is my question, how many splines off should i insert my torsionbars to get it between 35mm minimum to 40mm max lower.

topic: http://www.redpepper...showtopic=13412

I thought 1 spline an a bit with te ajustment nut right ?? (i've bought 35mm lowering springs from APEX so it has to be at least 35mm lower in the front as stock)

I know its off topic, but at i know that you'll read this topic this way

CRXdan

OK, reading up on turboedit got me real confused to.
This is a basic step by step procedure.
You find a 90-91 civic si ecu. Others will work but the 90-91 ecu is easiest to chip, also similar is the dohc zc ecu.
Either way, it has to have an EXTERNAL EPROM.

Next, u desolder this chip and solder in a socket.
The socket looks like this

Next you buy a burner. This is what my burner looks like

Then you take some blank Eproms.
You make ur basemap or whatever, and save it in turboedit as a bin file. U open ur burner software and write to the chip.

You throw the chip in the car, and throwin some larger 450cc injectors (for Forced induction applications) and drive the car.
Now a basemap will run quite rich, but if anyone wants a tuned zc turbo map, i got one from someone that runs perfect in my car, no detonation on 91 octane, but it still needs fine tuning obviously.
PM me if you wish to get this map, assuming you will use it.
No boost retard units, FMU's, inline pumps, or FPR's are required. With a stock honda map sensor, you can run a max of 10 psi.
Theres till more complicated ways of tuning, datalogging and romultors to name a few, that let u tune on the fly. But this is for the truly insane. blink.gif
Thats it for now folks.

Edited by CRXdan, 29 October 2004 - 06:01 PM.

90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
hey dan, how much would you sell me the stock pg7 ecu for? i want to try to chip this ecu because there so abundant, but i dont want to use the one in my car.

sean

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
here is my opened PG7
now what gets me is the fact that there are no 24 prong chips on this board, maybe some one could tell me which one is an external eprom.

here is the board

lets see if we can figure this out for all of us who have an abundance of pg7.

thanks awesome thread some one should post your post into the faq section.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

CRXdan

I traded my pg7 for a pm6. Right now some guy with a 90 civic si is using it.
He traded because the obviously higher rev limit and more agressive timing or sum shit. I compared the PM6 map to the PG7, and the PG7 is better for power, but it doersnt mean nothing to me as Im modifying all those values anyways.

Edited by CRXdan, 29 October 2004 - 09:24 PM.

90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

c_piddy, that ecu is a PG7, 88-89 teg. Thats why the 90-91 ecu is so desirable. The pg7 has no eprom, while the pm6 (90-91 si or even a jdm zc ecu) has an external eprom.

In other words, just try to find a pm6 or pm7 ecu, not a pg7.
Itll save u alot of time and headaches.

Edited by CRXdan, 29 October 2004 - 09:23 PM.

90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

BTW, if anyone is still interested in me burnign a chip or socketing an ecu, i can still do it. for a small fee of course.
I know theres a bunch of u guys on here with blacktop d16a1's wanting to turbo, i have the perfect .bin that will save u alot of time tuning and whatnot.
Right now im getting about 23-25mpgs on this bin and no smoke or rich burnign smell at idle.
and NO PING unless i run 87 octane, but then all i do is back down timing.
With 94 and a couple degrees of advance, the car is hella fun to drive
cool.gif
90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

Heres some more information for all you boosted hondas out there.
Toxicshit, i know u used 1 degree of retard per psi as an example, but...
.75 degrees of retard per 1 psi seems to be a good place to start
.5 degree retard per 1 psi it still conservative but will make more power
.25 degree per psi only up to 10psi
But it all depends on your fuel and compression ratio.
The higher octane fuel, the more advance, the more power.
So basically, putting premium in your turbo car does make a diference, while ifound it did next to nothing on my N/A.
Nonetheless, 94 octane for me when it comes time for racing. It makes a big diference.

I just got back from trying a couple diferent chips. I burned a chip some guy sent me for his boosted d15, i modified the zc chip to run more timing and a bit more topend fuel, and i also tried the basemap. the d15 pulled way too much timing, the basemap ran so rich my exhaust popped, and my modified map ran too rich and felt sluggish at high rpms.
Well needless to say, all 3 chips i tried absolutley sucked compared to my current one, which leads me to believe that this map has been widebanded and quite tuned. If only I could find the owner to give him some credit.

Edited by CRXdan, 29 October 2004 - 09:53 PM.

90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

toxicshit

QUOTE (NNBD @ Oct 29 2004, 04:02 PM)
hmm I'll check out those sites.

Btw, Can i contact you some day when i'm beginning with my project to get some dutch help? The technical english isn't always clear to me. I mosty know what they are talking about but sometimes I can't get the details clear.
And maybe you've got some dutch info about fuel mapping and chipping etc. I want to learn it, but don't know much about the chipping yet. I'm doing HTS werktuigbouwkunde, and got friends who are 1, a university informatica student (last year) and know a teacher in unstable combustions at the university in eindhoven so when i have the information i need....we'll probably figure it out  tongue.gif

shure no problem im into turbo pojects for 3 years now. and you can get the info from me add me to your msn or so [email protected]

cr-x.jpg

toxicshit

QUOTE (CRXdan @ Oct 29 2004, 09:37 PM)
Heres some more information for all you boosted hondas out there.
Toxicshit, i know u used 1 degree of retard per psi as an example, but...
.75 degrees of retard per 1 psi seems to be a good place to start
.5 degree retard per 1 psi it still conservative but will make more power
.25 degree per psi only up to 10psi
But it all depends on your fuel and compression ratio.
The higher octane fuel, the more advance, the more power.
So basically, putting premium in your turbo car does make a diference, while ifound it did next to nothing on my N/A.
Nonetheless, 94 octane for me when it comes time for racing. It makes a big diference.

I just got back from trying a couple diferent chips. I burned a chip some guy sent me for his boosted d15, i modified the zc chip to run more timing and a bit more topend fuel, and i also tried the basemap. the d15 pulled way too much timing, the basemap ran so rich my exhaust popped, and my modified map ran too rich and felt sluggish at high rpms.
Well needless to say, all 3 chips i tried absolutley sucked compared to my current one, which leads me to believe that this map has been widebanded and quite tuned. If only I could find the owner to give him some credit.

yes it was an example

they always told me before Dyno + street tunig with a whideband and a EGT + AFR use 1 deg per pound boost till 0.75 deg per pound boost.

dont go lower unless you know what your doing wink.gif and you know what your doing.
i have ran 0.45 on a civic with a B16 + jackson supercharger @ 14.71 psi.
after w dyno tuned and steet tuned the car. it now makes around 325 hp daily for more than 1 year ( diddnt tune to agressive with Crome ).

i have done lots and lots of OBD1 ECU programming ITR , CIVIC VTI, GSR etc using Crome and Uberdata. and wanted to convert my car to obd1 because off all the need import scripts availible for 92 - 95 PGMFI systems.

but since obd0 it doing verry good lately im putting a D16A9 ( 88 / 89 D16 ) head on my ZC1AS engine and then run a boosted ODB0 setup.

Greetings Erwin

cr-x.jpg

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
Hey C_piddy heres what i found on the wiki on chipping pg7's. It seems pritty easy just click here.

Sean

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
QUOTE (rexsk8er @ Oct 30 2004, 02:35 PM)
Hey C_piddy heres what i found on the wiki on chipping pg7's. It seems pritty easy just click here.

Sean

cool thanks for the link. it just doesnt' work lol.... but i really want that link....

thanks again...

chris
n
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove