←  Projects

Red Pepper Racing

»

My Project Cr-X Si Ballade Sport *update 6...

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 28 Apr 2008

Figured I should do a project thread to cover the progress of my 1985 Honda CRX Si, to a Ballade Sport CR-X Si. Here's a picture from the 90's of my car shortly after I got it;
My85CRX_002.jpg

I like the idea of more power, so Mr Wilq drops in my JDM ZC with a USDM valve cover in crinkle coat red;

Soon to be added a Greddy Turbo kit, in attic for a year or two, LOL

From PasswordJDM comes a genuine steel JDM ZC hood;

Playing with CRX hubcaps;

Then we go from 13 inch Si rims to 14 inch 86-87 Si rims;

To my silver 14" Mugen MR5s;

And a set of 15" Rota Group Ns
Then the 15" Black Mugen MR5s with polished lip and all caps;

The goal is to eventually replicate this car;

The external mods are both EDM (sold those EDM corners) and JDM front corners, clear bumper signal lights;

JDM center tail panel and taillights;

H4 Headlight conversion w/halo

Interior;
JDM 2nd gen seats;

JDM DOHC steering wheel, digital dash w/surround, digital center console trip computer

87rex's Photo 87rex 28 Apr 2008

It's a piece of art!!!!! Just beautiful, can't wait till mine is half as slick as yours!!!! smile.gif

hoopty dx's Photo hoopty dx 28 Apr 2008

Do have full function on the center trip thing?

Car looks great.

nature223's Photo nature223 28 Apr 2008

awesome build...but the RADIO is the only sore thumb for an otherwise full on Honda execution of JDM goodness

rpr's Photo rpr 29 Apr 2008

NICE!

Old School REX's Photo Old School REX 29 Apr 2008

So I have to know two things....

HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THE COOL HALO THING???? lol I saw an artical in Sport Compact Car one time on how to do a custom halo light set up by pulling the housing apart after baking it in the oven and making the light from that little twistie stick off a set of blinds... it's alot more complicated that that, but I have always thought it would be cool... so what did you do???

and what are the two circle things at the bottom of your bumper cover? not the fogs, just above the front spoiler.

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 29 Apr 2008

where do you get the digital cluster and the trip computer?

ChrisF-dude's Photo ChrisF-dude 01 May 2008

Thanks for the comments. I wanted to kinda consolodat a lot of stuff into one thread and record my build. I have been one here hit and miss while dealing with a rebeling 3yr old and 4 month old. I bought the headlights at AutoZone. They are made by Pilot if I recall, but new lights are going in soon. Maybe upping to real HID. I got the digital dash in 2001 or 2002 from Strong4Honda in NZ. Wilq hooked it up and the center trip computer works as a clock. We have yet to get any wiring data on how to hook it up, and neither of us have the time to trace wires. The holes in the front bumper were going to be ducting for brake cooling vents, as I WAS going to race it, but it's my baby now. So they'll probably get painted to match the lower body so they don't stick out. The radio is going in a month or so in favor of a CD/DVD player. I hate long drives with nothing to watch. The car realy has been neglected since my 3 year old was born. The filler where the dents were "fixed" by the body shop are now cracking, and the roof paint is starting to peel. I am hoping for repaint this year along with FINALLY getting my turbo installed. Then maybe I'll rent a storage shed or garage for it. My debate has been to stay black/grey and look OEM/JDM, or go all black and keep my MR5s or use my Rota GroupNs. I'll post my new rear carpet and headlights soon, (I hope).

SHOGUNOVDDRK's Photo SHOGUNOVDDRK 13 Sep 2008

...Amazing

Whats the deal with the new headlights?

Very interested in them smile.gif

Cant wait for more progress