• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

EviltwinCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX
    Garage View Garage

I`ve got a 1987 Honda CRX that I bought brand new, plus two 1 G CRX project cars. Guess what? - Everyone one of them has a Hazard switch that seems to work from a mechanical perspective, but not from and electrical perspective.  I`ve read some post specially focused on the hazard switch issue and I will troubleshoot each CRX.  The first CRX I will attempt to fix will be the 1987 Silver CRX. The fuse at the battery terminal looks good, so I will replace anyway and also check the white and green wire and see if this is the problem - I`m hoping so! Time frame to work on this car - Early Dec 14.

I`ll check the 1986 HF Blue CRX next. From what I`ve seen so far - it doesn`t have the 10amp fuse location at the battery terminal  - so this may prove to be a bit more challenging. I`ll update progress in this area. Time frame to work on this car - Mid Dec 14

That last CRX I`ll check is my original Rio Red 1987 CRX. Timeframe to work on this for this car - Late Dec 14.  All OEM parts, so thinking this may be an easy fix.

If anyone has any other insight to the hazard light issue that could help my situation, that would be much appreciated. Seems like a systemic fail on the 1Gs.

I`m moving in the direction of getting all 3 1Gs restores as close as new, with the Silver and Blue 1Gs getting most of my attention - since the Rio Red is in near mint conditions as is - never winter driven, accident free - original owner.  I have threads on both restores under the `Project`forum.

If I learn anything new about the hazard light situation with 1G in general, I will make sure to post the details.if5sg8.jpg

5djp8z.jpg

rsc0mf.jpg

oasubc.jpg

Edited by EviltwinCRX, 01 December 2014 - 10:50 PM.

86hatchie

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic HB Si + 87 CRX Si

The hazard relays get sticky....both my 1g and 3g get stcky (sluggish) with little to no use.  You couuld probably pull the relay...remove the cover and clean the contacts...or just buy another relay at advance auto or similar.

Excercise the left and right turn signals...then go to the hazard....sometimes the hazard will start to work.  The relay covers both turn signals and hazards...

Good looking cars by the way.

Tim

phenams

I would also like to know more on the hazard/turn signal switch. As mine hazards work but no turn signals from last time the multi switch burned up... Tried replacing with another switch but nuthin. Let us know how u traced the problem.

Rude Ralph

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx si
My is doing the same thing my turn signals will work but my hazards won't... Doesn't even light up on my dash like my turn signals do any suggestions?

richard

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

First, make sure the positive terminal from the battery has the additional fuse and white/green stripped wire coming from it.  If not, it's been cut and you'll need to re-wire it.  Seems like a common thing with these cars and was/is the case with mine too.