2006 Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic

DarkHand

I've already got a commercial for it cooked up. biggrin.gif It's hard to describe the idea in text... read it a couple times and try to picture the commercial:

Scene1:

::Black screen.  White letters centered, narrated by a deep voice, similar to the one you hear in movie trailers.  A deep suspenseful tone is building throughout the scene, overlaid on the entire audio track::

It was born in 1984.

::Cut to daytime, neighborhood scene, an 84 CRX pulling over, a couple dressed in 80's attire exit::

::A startling flash of the new CRX, only a few frames worth accompanied by a split second of sound:  high revs, ending abruptly with an echo that fades into the next cut::

::Tone still building::

::Cut to black screen again, same white letters and narration::

It evolved in 1988.

::Cut to a similar daytime neighborhood scene of an 88 CRX, and a couple in slightly more modern attire exit.::

::Another startling flash, about one second in length, with very shaky camera movement showing the engine.  Accompanied by one second of audio: the engine and the screech of tires, ending in echo that fades into the next cut::

::tone still building::

::Black screen, same white letters and narration::

And died in 1991.

::Cut to dusk scene of a rusty 91 CRX being crushed in a junkyard::

::Another startling flash to the new CRX, blurred, shaky camera, eerie squeals mixed with the engine going from low to high revs, abruptly ending in an echo that fades into the next cut::

::tone still building::

::black screen, same white lettering and narration::

In 2006,

::tone stops::

It's back for revenge.

::straight on headlights of the new CRX turn on behind the lettering, it's been there all along::

Scene 2:

::Nighttime isometric follow view of the new CRX driving quickly at night, street wet and lit by streetlights, beat-heavy music plays::

::White fade to a steady shot of the car, on a white background::
::narration only::  The all new

::cut back to nighttime driving scene::

::white fade to steady shot of the engine::
::narration only::  275 horsepower

::cut back to the nighttime driving scene::

::white fade to steady shot of the wheels::
::narration only::  All wheel drive

::cut to nighttime driving scene, the CRX sliding to a stop::
::Narration overlay of the scene::  Honda CRX.  It's back.

::startling cut to 2 seconds of a very blurry, shaky shot of the front emblem, the engine bouncing off the rev-limiter, abruptly ending with a long echo fading into the next cut::

::Cut to black screen::

::Fade in 'Honda.  The power of dreams.' Logo::

Edited by DarkHand, 14 May 2004 - 12:56 PM.

DarkHand

Gumby

• Your Daddy
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic HB 1500S 83 Bronco
Dang cool stuff
Ohh and the commercials if this does come up give honda a call, it sounds good
user posted image

nivek2002

275 hp, AWD laugh.gif

ASS heavy and more HP than an S2000? LOL

cool idea though, you left out the Del Sol generation dry.gif

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ May 14 2004, 12:15 PM)
what's so big about AWD? the original was FWD.. no need for awd.. you guys are asking way too much from this thing. it's not supposed to be like an evo. it was never intended to be like one. the reason it's a CRX instead of an evo or a wrx is casue it's fwd with a 4 cylinder NA motor and only 2 seats.. you guys who want it turbo or awd really don't understand the basis of the CRX.. if you want an evo, buy an evo. but keep my crx's fwd, and NA thank you! no power windows, no power locks, no power steering.. just a power moonroof.. that's ALL. 4 wheel discs. maybe 15 inch wheels/tires. tight suspension, short wheelbase, 2 comfortable, supportive seats, and maybe 200hp if i'm lucky. if not, i'd take 160hp and around 2400 lbs..

Damn, I couldn't have said it any better myself. And I was thinking the exact weight and motor, about 2400 lbs wit the current Civic Si 160hp motor.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

DarkHand

QUOTE (nivek2002 @ May 14 2004, 12:58 PM)
275 hp, AWD  laugh.gif

ASS heavy and more HP than an S2000? LOL

Well I needed some specs and numbers, that sounded good at the time. smile.gif

QUOTE (nivek2002 @ May 14 2004, 12:58 PM)
cool idea though, you left out the Del Sol generation  dry.gif

Doh! Well it's a rough draft. smile.gif
I probably can't describe it properly, but I get goosebumps just thinking about the ending scene with the rev-limiter. biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 14 May 2004 - 02:19 PM.

DarkHand

DarKGifT06

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: honda civic 1986 1.3
that commercial will give me sweet dreams for a week biggrin.gif

Tommy Reynolds

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 99 Miata (SCCA CSP), 87 CRX Si (Daily Driver)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ May 14 2004, 01:07 PM)
Damn, I couldn't have said it any better myself. And I was thinking the exact weight and motor, about 2400 lbs wit the current Civic Si 160hp motor.

2400lbs??? Why does it need to have 400-500 lbs extra? I'd be happy with a 160hp IF the car is 2000lbs or less car. Ironically the Miata crowd is asking the same thing from the 3rd gen when its released.

DarKGifT06

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: honda civic 1986 1.3
3Gen what? protoge? i would love to see a new 323 GTX thats right awd biggrin.gif 2.6L c/w stalk turbo

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
All I am sayin is, give me a an AWD 5-door Civic Type-R. cool.gif cool.gif
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

Simple87Si

i just hope it looks like this..

user posted image

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ May 14 2004, 09:26 PM)
i just hope it looks like this..

Thats the picture I have seen too..............
SportInjectedClub

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I hate to contribute to hearsay, but someone on another forum w/a connected friend (yeah, that intro doesn't sound TOO shady) said that Honda realized they missed the mark w/the last generation of Civic's, ESPECIALLY the Si, and are planning to undo their error, but unfortunately, they also say that in 2k6, side curtain airbags will be a necessity.
Me personally, I'll rip those suckers out, as well as the steering wheel airbag, and stick a Momo or something on there laugh.gif

nivek2002

Thats kinda what i have gathered also. ^

And yes Side airbags are gonna be standard on every Honda model within the next couple years. Just look at the recent collision tests, the Accord and Camry with side airbages rated excellent in a side collision, while all other models (including Accord & Camry) without side airbags rated the lowest. They do make a diffrence.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
A lot of the Si's I have worked on already have the side impact airbags.

Personally I like the new Si's, they are really comfortable cars.
SportInjectedClub

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
omg, that commercial would be pimp. if i ever see that on tv, i would piss my pants or something. thats an awesome commercial concept