B18 Stroker

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

crxdx_1987

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: bike
I thinking of putting a B18 stroker in my 87dx and was just wondering if anybody has done this and what kind of power they got out of it. I'm also considering slapping a turbo on there too. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
b18 what? a/b/c/c5? In stroker what do you mean.. like getting the Crower kit and stroking the b18 to say a b20?

Its like any b series swap in a 3rd gen civic chasis.... you need a mount kit, to convert from vacume advanced to Electronic and fab an exhaust, shift linkage. buy Hasport Axles and get Teg Hubs and brakes to keep up with that 100 or so lbs more in the front end of thecar.

The swap is easy, it just takes a bit of the moolah to do it. And there isnt much room to spare afterwards

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
And if you're doing it in a DX, you'll have to convert to fuel injection, which is a project in and of itself. Unless you plan on going carburated, which would be interesting to see, actually, though I'd wonder how you would fix the whole distributor advance problem.

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
QUOTE (CRX8Grand @ May 15 2003, 06:56 PM)
buy Hasport Axles and get Teg Hubs and brakes to keep up with that 100 or so lbs more in the front end of thecar.

Why would anybody buy Hasport's overpriced shafts??? For about the same price, Raxels makes the complete axel (yes, the entire thing) that is 100% new parts, with warrenty. No pressing nuckels or anything, just buy and drop in. That is what I am doing for my B18A swap.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
Because HASport Axles are a custome shaft... you wont find one that works correctly that I have heard of... all the ones you would use would be to long.

There like a custom torsion bar type axle that are custome made to my knowledge... I haven heard of anyone using any other kidns of axles with a b16 that work.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
the shaft is custom but the end cups/joints are from a 86-89 integra and i think other cars are the same. as far as i know raxles make the axles for hasport. i think raxles sell the complete axle for $169 each.

crxdx_1987

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: bike
I have a shop that is going to fabricate the mounts, axles, etc... pretty much anything that needs to be done they can do. im just looking for some HP numbers so I can see my options.

b18 what? a/b/c/c5? In stroker what do you mean.. like getting the Crower kit and stroking the b18 to say a b20?

I plan on using a B18c block. And yes thats what i mean by stroker.

I will be taking pictures of everything that is done and will post them as soon as i get them. Hopefully it will all be finished within 3 months.

Edited by crxdx_1987, 16 May 2003 - 09:10 AM.

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ May 15 2003, 09:52 PM)
And if you're doing it in a DX, you'll have to convert to fuel injection, which is a project in and of itself. Unless you plan on going carburated, which would be interesting to see, actually, though I'd wonder how you would fix the whole distributor advance problem.

ditch the honda ignition and go electromotive.
which just means more $$$
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph