Just Got A Nice Rare Piece..

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

Simple87Si

laugh.gif look what i just won..
http://cgi.ebay.com/...P...TRK:MEWN:IT
only 27 bucks shipped.. not bad for a rare piece.. ph34r.gif

Edited by Simple87Si, 25 June 2004 - 09:15 PM.

user posted image

down4ce

Nice find, can you turn back the odometer laugh.gif ?

Simple87Si

QUOTE (down4ce @ Jun 25 2004, 07:16 PM)
Nice find, can you turn back the odometer laugh.gif ?

actually i was thinking about fast forwarding it to match the mileage on my d16a1.. :]
user posted image

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
How is it rare? I dont understand........

All 85 Si speedo's went up to 140 mph.......and all were made in Japan. The CRX was just like the S2000 is...........made in Japan, then shipped here.

EDIT: Still a good find though ph34r.gif

Edited by eastsiderider, 25 June 2004 - 09:31 PM.

SportInjectedClub

Simple87Si

well.. you can find them.. but most people who get a hold of an '85 si gauge cluster dont usually sell them really cheap if at all.. ive been looking for one for a year now.. and ive never found an '85 si at the junkyard..
user posted image

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ Jun 25 2004, 09:32 PM)
well.. you can find them.. but most people who get a hold of an '85 si gauge cluster dont usually sell them really cheap if at all.. ive been looking for one for a year now.. and ive never found an '85 si at the junkyard..

True..........I found one once. When I went back to get it a week later, the car had already been sent to the crusher dry.gif

Edited by eastsiderider, 25 June 2004 - 09:35 PM.

SportInjectedClub

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (eastsiderider @ Jun 25 2004, 10:29 PM)
How is it rare?  I dont understand........

All 85 Si speedo's went up to 140 mph.......and all were made in Japan.  The CRX was just like the S2000 is...........made in Japan, then shipped here.

EDIT:  Still a good find though ph34r.gif

U took the words right out of my mouth. I was just goin t o say that. Hahaha

1g Supremacy

1 year, on one market..(Did the CDM have the 140?)..That makes it rare..And, isn't the 85 Si the least-produced of the USDM Sis? So, in a lot of ways, this is rare, for it being only on one model, one year, in a 3 year unit run. That's kind of like the rubber 85 Si spoiler.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
All CRX's in Canada got a 230km/h speedo... the equivalent of the 140mph.

I put one in my Civic ph34r.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

paul barela

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87civic si w/d16a1 and T3 turbo@ 8psi
has anyone put a 1gteg dash in a civic/crx? I thought one of the models had a dash similar to a civic si. btw simple87si i saw a si 140mph speedo at the junk yard a couple weeks ago, but i didnt have any money to buy it. sad.gif

87crxdx

if i put my usdm odo on the back of a cdm cluster like the one shown will it still read the speeds properly?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
As long as they both read the same top speed, you will be fine. That means in order to have it read the proper speed you will have to swap a USDM 85 CRX Si (140mph) odo into a CDM CRX Cluster (230km/h)

Carbed or F/I doesn't matter for CDM models, they all go 230, but it does matter if you care wheter you have a choke or PGM-FI light.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

87crxdx

ya it wont work then
they are different speeds

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Good find, great price!

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
wow, I didnt know those were rare..I have one on my car, I got it from a guy for like 10 bucks on Crx Resource....I turned back the odometer and now it reads 26K miles on it..sweet...

enjoy your new cluster...