←  Projects

Red Pepper Racing

»

"the Civ"

Forcefed Si's Photo Forcefed Si 17 Jan 2010

Well, I didn't get as many pics as I should have but here are the few of the brake swap that I did take.

Here are the drum brakes on the integra

And the "new" discs on the Honda

They're small but I have discs in my car

I'll try and take more pictures as I do my work, I just forget to as I am working.

rollz87civic's Photo rollz87civic 17 Jan 2010

I love the color

mn85crx's Photo mn85crx 18 Jan 2010

That paint job looks fantastic for the first car you have ever painted! Like everyone else who has posted I like the color very much. Was this color available on the AE86, it looks similar to the gray I have seen on a couple??

Scott

bunnyspost's Photo bunnyspost 18 Jan 2010

QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 16 2010, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is actually a toyota color called "Phantom Grey" I absolutly love it. I'm happy with my choice biggrin.gif

Dually noted, I am sold as I have been trying to come up with a paint scheme on my rex. I might do a Phantom Grey with Gloss Black moldings and Bright Red molding trim.. ill post a pic up on my thread later!

OG Wagon's Photo OG Wagon 18 Jan 2010

I'm really excited about following this build. Seems like you do quality work AND your motivated: Winning combination. Keep it up!

Forcefed Si's Photo Forcefed Si 18 Jan 2010

Sorry I forgot to bring my camera with me today, but after work today I was able to get the D16 ready to come out of the teg. All that is left is the engine mounts, I need to borrow my friends engine hoist, or buy my own. but I might have the engine out tomorrow. I'm stoked that things finally seem to be moving along on this project!

Forcefed Si's Photo Forcefed Si 19 Jan 2010

QUOTE (mn85crx @ Jan 18 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That paint job looks fantastic for the first car you have ever painted! Like everyone else who has posted I like the color very much. Was this color available on the AE86, it looks similar to the gray I have seen on a couple??

Scott

Sorry I'm not sure what a "AE86" is. It is a newer toyota color, I am pretty sure I have seen it on a couple of corollas lately

rollz87civic's Photo rollz87civic 19 Jan 2010

QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 18 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I'm not sure what a "AE86" is. It is a newer toyota color, I am pretty sure I have seen it on a couple of corollas lately

AE86 is a type of corolla

Screech's Photo Screech 19 Jan 2010

First, the car is looking great. I too like the color.
QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 17 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just swapped the entire rear axle and trailing arms. they are exactly the same as far as I can tell, they both went back onto both cars with no problem. I thought I had heard that the trailing arms were different but I made some measurments and compared them and I think they are the same. all the break lines and stuff line right up. It was just a straight bolt on swap. And later today I'll put up some more pics

I think that the 3G is the same as the Integra making the swap easy. I hear the CRX arms are not the same, think they are said to be shorter...

QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 19 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to rent/download "Initial D".

For the 86 Corolla (USDM) Gray colors are:
  • code -color
  • 156#* -Dark Gray Metallic
  • 157#* -Medium Gray Metallic
  • 159* -Medium Gray Metallic
  • 163#* -Gray Metallic
  • 3C7* -Rose Gray Metallic

I looked up the wife's year Corolla (2004) and found a Phantom Gray Pearl (code: 1E3)

QUOTE (Screech @ Jan 19 2010, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked up the wife's year Corolla (2004) and found a Phantom Gray Pearl (code: 1E3)

That's the exact color that I used

Here's the progress from today. I got the motor out of the teg.

It came out pretty easy, I was stressing about finding an engine hoist when I realized I had an "engine hoist" at my dads cabinet shop where I am working on my car, It worked perfect.

rollz87civic's Photo rollz87civic 19 Jan 2010

A fork lift that cheating dry.gif

Jayscrx's Photo Jayscrx 20 Jan 2010

QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 19 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the progress from today. I got the motor out of the teg.

It came out pretty easy, I was stressing about finding an engine hoist when I realized I had an "engine hoist" at my dads cabinet shop where I am working on my car, It worked perfect.

Nice project! You are very lucky to have such a wide open and clean work area. I to have a space kind of that yours, but mine has a lift. Did you use a single stage paint or a base coat clear coat on your car? The finish looks very smooth and has alot of depth to it, nice job. By the way, nice 96 Honda XR 400. I had a 97 with a 416 kit and it really woke it up!

Jay V.

Forcefed Si's Photo Forcefed Si 20 Jan 2010

QUOTE (Jayscrx @ Jan 20 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice project! You are very lucky to have such a wide open and clean work area. I to have a space kind of that yours, but mine has a lift. Did you use a single stage paint or a base coat clear coat on your car? The finish looks very smooth and has alot of depth to it, nice job. By the way, nice 96 Honda XR 400. I had a 97 with a 416 kit and it really woke it up!

Jay V.

Thanks, I am really lucky that my I am able to use some of the area in the storage room at my dads cabinet shop, I was woking in a tiny shed and this is way better. It also has the spray booth where I sprayed my car. I used a base coat and a clear coat. I was looknig for a single stage just to save a step in painting but i couldn't find one in a color that I liked, I'm kinda glad though becasue I really like how it ended up. And the bike isn't mine, it belongs to a guy that works for my dad. But I used to have a 2000 XR600. I miss that bike, it was a total blast to ride.

EuphoricBlue's Photo EuphoricBlue 20 Jan 2010

QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 19 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I am really lucky that my I am able to use some of the area in the storage room at my dads cabinet shop, I was woking in a tiny shed and this is way better. It also has the spray booth where I sprayed my car. I used a base coat and a clear coat. I was looknig for a single stage just to save a step in painting but i couldn't find one in a color that I liked, I'm kinda glad though becasue I really like how it ended up. And the bike isn't mine, it belongs to a guy that works for my dad. But I used to have a 2000 XR600. I miss that bike, it was a total blast to ride.

Yeah, if you have access to a spray booth the two stage is the way to go. If I wasn't doing my body work in a super dusty garage I would have done the same. I, however, resigned myself to the fact that I would have tons of inclusions in my paint so I just did passable work. Also, my body was WAY too rusted for a proper restore. I simply gave mine a new lease on life, it will expire eventually; but it'll serve well as a DD until then.

You are doing absolutely great work for a first timer. Having a good space helps a lot, but you obviously have an aptitude for it too.