←  FS

Red Pepper Racing

»

Koni Shocks

gtpilot's Photo gtpilot 28 Oct 2004

I have been dealing with KONI for many years - the shortened shock that they built and distributed for the 1st Gen CRX was actually a race design of mine that I gave them permission to replicate. I have heard a lot of people talkinga bout wanting a pair for the fronts or rears...so, I have been in contact with KONI to plant the seed for making a run of the parts. But, I have to have a general idea of how many people would actually buy them.

I do not have any pricing information - do not ask...I'll let you know when I do.

What I would like to know specifically:

Would you want a set of fronts only?

Fronts and rears?

Or rears only?

I would not do this for $$$ - whatever they cost me I will pass along to the group.

Kirk

Omega Mugen's Photo Omega Mugen 28 Oct 2004

Can they be used on the stock suspension (not lowered)?

You would not have sufficent droop travel in doing so, I would not recomment it.

Kirk

E-AT_me's Photo E-AT_me 28 Oct 2004

REARS REARS REARS!!! i got the fronts about a month before they were discontinued.. REAR REARS REARS!!!!

smashfascism's Photo smashfascism 28 Oct 2004

I want fronts!!!!

rpr's Photo rpr 28 Oct 2004

1 pair of fronts for me please. I need to get my fronts done anyway, this would probably be cheaper. What would the valving be like? I'd want mine done for 29mm t-bars.

zc-hybrid's Photo zc-hybrid 28 Oct 2004

I would definately buy front pair. But someone would have to ship them to me in England (UK).

JDN14's Photo JDN14 28 Oct 2004

it depends on when.....if it would be march or April, id LOVE both fronts and rears.

QUOTE (RPR,)
1 pair of fronts for me please. I need to get my fronts done anyway, this would probably be cheaper. What would the valving be like? I'd want mine done for 29mm t-bars.

Valving would be perfect for 25mm to 29mm torsion bars with the adjustment range they have in them. I ran them with both 27mm and 29mm.

QUOTE (zc-hybrid)
I would definately buy front pair. But someone would have to ship them to me in England (UK).

I would think that a small package like that would be relatively easy to get to you - if this goes through, I will take on the task.

Kirk

kedwards's Photo kedwards 28 Oct 2004

I would be interested in both, fronts and rears.

nivek2002's Photo nivek2002 28 Oct 2004

QUOTE (gtpilot @ Oct 28 2004, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (RPR,)

Valving would be perfect for 25mm to 29mm torsion bars with the adjustment range they have in them. I ran them with both 27mm and 29mm.

QUOTE (zc-hybrid)

I would think that a small package like that would be relatively easy to get to you - if this goes through, I will take on the task.

Kirk

so will these be diffrent than ones you buy from people who stock them? Better valving or just normal Koni's?

Hollowman's Photo Hollowman 28 Oct 2004

I am very interested too.. I would like the fronts more than rears but all 4 would be nice... So my vote would be for the full set.. wink.gif

E-AT_me: How much were the sturts/shocks when you bought them?? This would be a nice baseline price.. rolleyes.gif

gtcali's Photo gtcali 28 Oct 2004

If the price is right I'm interseted in fronts.
Edited by gtcali, 28 October 2004 - 11:32 PM.

Cäz™'s Photo Cäz™ 29 Oct 2004

same here. If the price is right, i'll definitely want a full set biggrin.gif ...i wouldnt have the money till spring tho dry.gif

civtrx's Photo civtrx 29 Oct 2004

I would essentially be interested in front and rear. The front of my car is the only part that is really lowered right now, and the GR-2's in stock placement just don't have enough travel for a decent ride.