Has Anyone Tried Using A B18a Distributor On A Zc?

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Acura CRX LSSi, 2000 Chevy Silverado LS
I want to eliminate that dumb seperate Cyl. Sensor and I have a 90-91 Integra LS Distributor. It almost Lines up, I can modify it What I want to know is if anyone has tried it because of the base timing issue.

The B18A and D16a1 Both have 16*btdc base timing +/- 2* So In theory it should work.

The B18 would be easier to replace if it takes a dump on me

By using the b18 distributor I can do a true obd0 conversion and run a chipped Ecu and Tune my turbo set-up

So anyone tried or heard of this?

dnocrx

• www.wirednj.com
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx zc boosted
i used a 1994 integra ls dizzy (b18b i think),i'm obd1.to make it fit right i used the dizzy bracket from the ls head,as far as timing it worked fine.only the top bolt lines up but i never had a problem with it getting lose.
RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Have you tried a 88-91 D16A6 distrubitor.

There is a OBD1 ZC distrubitor avialbe from distrubitor king. Thats a option too if you dont want to stay OBD0.

The B18A, B18B and B20B/Z distrubitor's are all interchangable.
Posted Image

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Xspenzo @ Apr 9 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The B18A and D16a1 Both have 16*btdc base timing +/- 2* So In theory it should work.

do you mean b18a1 or b18a as in the old accord engine?
btw that was a rhetorical question. the b18a and b18a1 are VERY different engines.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Xspenzo @ Apr 9 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a 90-91 Integra LS Distributor

I know only one hole lines up but I'll Mod it so all 3 do Thanls! Now I need a cam plug

dnocrx

• www.wirednj.com
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx zc boosted
QUOTE (Xspenzo @ Apr 10 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know only one hole lines up but I'll Mod it so all 3 do Thanls! Now I need a cam plug

after you put that cam plug in people aren't going to believe it's a zc, cause it looks like a ls without that cam sensor.
RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (dnocrx @ Apr 10 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
after you put that cam plug in people aren't going to believe it's a zc, cause it looks like a ls without that cam sensor.

The whole car is an acura conversion. Ive got GSR leather seats, Integra leather door panels, Integra carpet, Integra center console, Integra Mud Flaps, Integra Engine and transmission - I'm putting on a JDM ZC head though. The Car is basically put together from 4 Cars and The Powertrain Has been put together from 6 cars. I live in Oklahoma City and No-One Outhere has a Turbo ZC in a 1st Gen or a 1st Obd0 Conversion and especially the way I'm Doing it. I'm going to make a custom Bread Pan too. They can Always look at the engine code though it says d16a1 on the block But I really don't care if the regular B and D series boys know what it is. Anyone that knows what they're looking at will be like WTF?!? How the F@%& You do That? Plus It's going to be Clean and Quick- Safely!!!

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
Integra leather door panels

Which Integra ones did you use (year and model) and was there much modification to make them work? JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (strudel @ Apr 10 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which Integra ones did you use (year and model) and was there much modification to make them work? JS

It's More like the Integra Paneling Over the Crx Doorpanel/Hybrid. Major modification and it looks stock!! From an 89 teg. Most of the parts I used came from an 87 & 89 teg. I may try doing the mirrors next! We've talked about the dash but thats a major mod and my project is getting out of hand but I will probably do the underside of the dash at least. I've also got the Acura Tilt Column/wheel Installed and e-brake handle + front brakes (I might still convert the rears don't know yet/Another major mod but would look real clean on some fat 5's huh?

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
http://www.team-inte...;PagePosition=2

they say to use the 5g civic ZC distributor and p72 exhaust cam plug.

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (zakats @ Apr 11 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.team-inte...;PagePosition=2

they say to use the 5g civic ZC distributor and p72 exhaust cam plug.

Okay but therein the problem lies. I don't want to use a POS distibutor king Dizzy, I really don't want to go obd1 as I have an overabundance of chippable obd0 ecu's and my conversion is also 90% complete. I think I've decided to just do my mods my td23 distributor and see how it works!

Thanks for all the input!!

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
thats fine, the exhaust cam plug is still good info. you don't necessarily need to use their distributor, you could use an OEM one. also I believe the obd1 distributors are backwards compatible with repining.

what are you planning to chip with?

Xspenzo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am going to run a pm6 ecu and have zccrx-si over on thezcr.com chip it for me and I'm running turboedit with obd0 mapsensor as I'm only boosting 6psi with a garrett T3 A/R .48 45trim off a 93 Saab because of my high compression ratio (trying to keep it at around 10:1 but it may be closer to 10.5:1) As for the cam plug any one from a B18A1,B18B,B18C or B16 will fit it but yeah I'll probably end up using a p72 and when I'm finished and I have the breadpan installed I know people are going to think its a VTEC motor. It will be as much bolt-in fun as I can Possibly cram into my 87 Acura CRX LSSi Conversion!! (Without cutting and welding of course)