First Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

hgca

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: soon to be a first gen
lol, I woke up this morning and found a car in my drive way.....

they must have dropped it between 11pm and 6am..... freaks..... anyways, I got it.....

this is the good side.....(big pic)

http://i41.photobuck...gca/dayone1.jpg

I love it all ready.....

Cussed my ass off trying to get the ing clyinder out....

service manual and other instructions implied that you got to turn the key to "1" and then push a release pin..... well, turning it to position 1 was kinda hard considering the car has no keys.....

I am amazed at what a 1/2 drill bit does to a lock clyinder ohmy.gif

anyways, lock was like 12$
freaking switch (was in pieces when I bought it, past owner lost the keys) 65$

but I got the stering collum back up in the dash and working..... pushed it in the garage, and started stripping the interior. I also worked on syphoning (S?) the old gas out, but i didn't have much luck......

I am gonna do a little looking in the big book, but I could have swore (i read some where this week) the fuel pump is right under the rear cargo pocket.... I all ready got that out and I am prolly gonna tear into that tomarrow and syphoning from there....

I got to go get my but kicked in INT Micro now..... college sucks!!! well, at least while I am going, once I am done then it will be a different story....

Edited by hgca, 21 February 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
Welcome to redpepperracing!
Other than the damage to the plastic parts on the front it looks ok (no rust). At least that stuff is easier to fix than rusted body panels.

What are your plans?
What's the history of the car?

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
Needs some TLC. but cool 85 si. and welcome.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

crazi-85crx

the fuel pump is under the car on the driver's side by the tank.

there's a drain plug in the bottom of the gas tank, near the back on the driver's side.

Edited by crazi-85crx, 21 February 2006 - 03:54 PM.

hgca

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: soon to be a first gen
wow, see, that's why I like this place..... I post 10 min later I got responses.....

I am gonna strip it of it's interior, and then get it running

history...lol I have no clue, I bought it from a car dealer, it has been in there back "storage" lot fo 3-5 years..... they are the fools that lot the keys and tried "hot wiring" it.....

once it's up and moving, I will get the front parts, from my other rex (bought it from the same guy, should be here sometime this week.

so I am doing things in this order
Motor, and all new "wear out parts" "this week"
check over suspension parts "this week"
put the body together "this week"
start redoing the interior "probably next week"
Replace any thing else that effects driveablity "probably next week"
get it in complete condition and geate mechanical condition by the end of week 2

week 3 run some wires "alarm, door speakers, amp, and some other little do dads.....week 3 is what I enjoy doing and do for a living, so this is like the "relax" week

week 4 start body work
week 5 continue body work
week 6 hopefully finishing paint!

but so far I have got 300$ in the car, 300$ in the parts car, and about 200$ in parts that I have not replaced yet.... I see spending about another 200$ on parts before I consider it road relaible, then tires, 200$

paint,... and prep costs I have to figure later..... I haven't decided on a color yet.... but I really like a dark silver/blue type color and thats probably what I will go with....

theres a drain plug!!!! you got to be kidding me..... LOL, I have NEVER in my life seen one in the gas tank before.... I will check it out tomarrow when I get it up in the air....THANKS, that will make things alot easier.....

OH, I gotta go,.... I am gonna be late..... smile.gif

Edited by hgca, 21 February 2006 - 04:09 PM.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (hgca @ Feb 21 2006, 04:09 PM)
I am gonna strip it of it's interior, and then get it running

so I am doing things in this order
Motor, and all new "wear out parts"    "this week"
check over suspension parts            "this week"
put the body together            "this week"
start redoing the interior            "probably next week"
Replace any thing else that effects driveablity      "probably next week"
get it in complete condition and geate mechanical condition by the end of week 2

week 3 run some wires "alarm, door speakers, amp, and some other little do dads.....week 3 is what I enjoy doing and do for a living, so this is like the "relax" week

Curious? I am wondering what benefit you are getting from taking out the interior, replacing the interior. only to take out components again to install the stereo and alarm? I understand that typing can present a cold view. IMO (and it is just that) You could save yourself about 3 days by marking where you want things, and placing them there ( running wire) while the interior is out.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Congrats on the car and good luck. Now for a ghost story.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

ChrisF-dude