cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery

AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY - SATURDAY
CALLING ALL HONDAS
Speed Ventures welcomes all Hondas and Acuras out for our first HONTUNE Tuner Meet at ACS. This will be more than a meet (and, maybe someday, a full-on car show!) for the deeply dedicated tuner community that prizes the overall awesomeness of the Honda platforms, VTEC and all things JDM. In addition to prizes, a raffle and some vendor booths, Derek Stevens from HONDATA will offer a seminar on ECU tuning and Oscar Jackson, Sr. from KraftWerks will debut the new '06 Civic Si Kit. We've also gone to some trouble to bring out the famous Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck, purveyors of seriously delicious concoctions that literally put L.A. food trucks on the map. Roval, Hontune and Autocross participants, friends and crew are encouraged to give Kogi a try before Aaron consumes their entire inventory.

For more info, see the Hontune website: http://www.hontune.com.

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I wish...
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Right now I am doing my Anti-Rain Dance as they are predicting the wet stuff this weekend.

Normally I do not take the CRX out of the garage when it is humid, let alone raining. As I only two sets of tires for the CRX, a set of slick tires and another of slicker tires and no "wet" tires, the traction issue will be topo much to overcome. In the event of wet conditions I will go to my fall-back position of using the '07 Civic Si with traction control.

I will make my equipment decision on the day of; if it is meerly a "gloomy" day I will take the CRX, but if the streets are wet, it will be the Civic.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Nov 17 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the event of wet conditions I will go to my fall-back position of using the '07 Civic Si with traction control.

traction control? really?? for what?? my 91 Si autox's great in the rain..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Traction control is a VERY good thing.

As good as I am, the computer does a better job of keeping the tires in contact with the pavement.

Scott

PS- Any moron can drift ("Yeah, I meant to do that."), it takes a real driver go as fast as possible without breaking traction.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Nov 17 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS- Any moron can drift ("Yeah, I meant to do that."), it takes a real driver go as fast as possible without breaking traction.

yes... but you just admitted that the traction control is better than you.. you're starting to contradict yourself!! have fun. i always wish i lived in cali so i could make it out to some of y'alls events. plus, california is just so much more car oriented/socialized than anywhere else. i can't get anyone to stop by my house to help me out. sad.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Nov 18 2010, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes... but you just admitted that the traction control is better than you..

No human is better than traction control, if nothing else because the TC can address each wheel individually.

We have a lot of events out here in SoCal but it is a small, brave core of diehards who actually show up for most of them. If the event involves driving fast on a track or hanging out with friends, I am there. Cruises and other street events are not so attractive to me.

Scott

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Abort! Abort! Abort!

The organizers have canceled the event.

Hello Drivers, As much as we hate to do it, we're forced by the weather reports to cancel the Saturday portion of our event at Auto Club Speedway. As you are probably aware, we do not normally cancel events - we run rain or shine. However, the Speedway is the only facility that allows us to cancel due to weather and we feel obligated to do so as a result of the high liklihood of rain on Saturday and the high number of customer requests to cancel if possible. Since it is possible in this rare instance, we are doing so. Drivers who signed up for Saturday are welcome to move their registration to Sunday, space permitting. If you want to make a change, please contact us as soon as possible as we anticipate a lot of drivers switching to Sunday. Saturday drivers who cannot switch to Sunday are entitled to full credit on their Speed Ventures account or a refund. Again, please contact us as soon as possible if you want to make a change. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Aaron Bitterman
Speed Ventures, Inc.
323-461-4795
www.speedventures.com
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

NurburgRinger

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '86 CRXSi, '85 Ferrari 308GTS, '99 BMW 528i, '06 MadAss scooter
bah Auto-x is even more fun in the rain!

I did my first auto-x a few weeks ago, the first 3 runs in fairly heavy rain with lots of standing water.
Traction controlled purely by hands and feet.

The 3 afternoon runs were on a mostly dry course, so the gap between me and the 'fast' guys grew even larger tongue.gif
My times were'nt anywhere near the top (better tires would have helped A LOT) but it was great fun anyway.

Next year I'll give the CRX a chance to dodge some cones. cool.gif