1989 Acura Legend

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

OL' Skool

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 1.5L, 1989 Acura Legend 2.7L
Sup guys!!! I recently bought a 1989 Acura Legend off my nieghbor, who apparently didn't know what he was driving. The radiator was thirsty, it need oil, sparks, a new powersteering pump, new fuel filter, injector, air filter, Although I am thinkinng about putting in a K&N Cold Air Intake, and loads of other stuff. Visually the engine is GREAT! And a 2.7L C20 (I think thats what it is?) is a BIG differece from a 1.5L D15. This baby kick ass and them some. So yea, it has quite a bit of body damage. Front headlamp is broken, and tail light is broken a lil. The hood is bent in the RH side. The corner right above the corner light is bent. Both are fixable. The back bumper needs a lil work too. I'd say 300 bucks of body work. some fresh paint and its a mean machine!!! So for a 1989 Acura Legend L 2.7L w/ 150,000miles for $200 bucks? What do you think?

It may look fugly, BUT OH LOOK!!....You're walking! Need A Ride?....Hmm...Naaaaaaa!

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if it runs/drives for $200 you can't beat it!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
you did real good on it. those are great cars. I had an 89 L sedan and loved it. this was back in 2000-2002, and it had less than 70k on the odometer when we got rid of it. the ex hated to drive an "old" car, but she was a dumbass. it was 11 years old and it was still perfect. this was a grandma car that only had 47k on it when we got it. DAMN, I miss that car.
wes g.

hondaman23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: All Hondas and Acura
Just remember, that is the same engine as the 95-97 Honda Accord V6 and all parts are interchangable on engine. External stuff (exh, air intake, etc.) is unknown. Really cool thing is that if you need a replacement engine, get a Japanese replacement. It has all the EGR delete stuff on it. I replaced one a few years back and that car has now exchanged hands after over 100k after the engine replacement and is going strong. I really did not need to replace the engine, the owner wanted it and I did what she asked. Great car!
86 CRX - Going Turbo!!
91 Civic Si - Fun Toy
94 Acura Legend LS 6sp Coupe
95 Acura Legend GS
96 Honda Passport (too bad it's an Isuzu)

OL' Skool

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Oh wow! Then the V6 Accord must be fast! Cuz GODDAM! This car takes off like a goddam Psycopathic bat raging out of the firey pits of the deep abysss!!!!

It may look fugly, BUT OH LOOK!!....You're walking! Need A Ride?....Hmm...Naaaaaaa!

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
In any other country it would be a Honda Legend.

They still sell the Legend in Korea, Japan, Europe, ect.

2007 Honda Legend

Edited by Madkore, 29 January 2007 - 04:11 PM.

You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OL @ Jan 29 2007, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh wow! Then the V6 Accord must be fast! Cuz GODDAM! This car takes off like a goddam Psycopathic bat raging out of the firey pits of the deep abysss!!!!

Is this the model that looks almost like the sedans front end but with a larger grill?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

OL' Skool

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Madkore @ Jan 29 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In any other country it would be a Honda Legend.

They still sell the Legend in Korea, Japan, Europe, ect.
2007 Honda Legend

Yea but isnt it called a 3.2 now? Or is that a different car. Well anyway! I always loved Legends, they seem like a rich mans honda. The going rate for a mint condition '95 is still like 15K. I paid 200 for mine. I LOVE IT! Yea it has some pretty itimidating damage, but to hell with that! a 200 dollar working running, sexy as car. Oh yes, you already know!!! I hope to find a second one for my girl!! Now in terms of the engine, is the C engine better than the B16 or B18? Or what about these new K20 or whatever is in the new civic? Imma see if I can get my car at the dyno! I hope you guys don't mind cuz 1.) It is made by Honda 2.) Honda Engine 3.)1st Gen, that sounds like Red Pepper Racing material to me!

OL' Skool

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 29 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the model that looks almost like the sedans front end but with a larger grill?

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am going to have to hit the yards for a $25 all you can carry day. Strip some acura and accord front ends.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
I loved those coupes. if my sedan would have been a coupe, I'd still have it. nice purchase!
wes g.