84 Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2006 Scion xA, 84 CRX 1500s
Well, I bought the 84 CRX that my buddy had for sale. I wanted to see if it would crank so for three days I worked on this thing, and finally it cranked. Fifteen minutes later it decided that it was a good time to sling rod #3 through the block, $70 later it is now in my driveway. Today I gutted most of the interior and broke off the front nose cap biggrin.gif. I will post some pics later. I did find some rust on the A-Pillar but it seems to only be surface rust. Hopefully tomorrow I can snag the engine out of it and start clearing the engine bay for the ZC that will be going in it.

Stay tuned for updates..

James

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Update #1

Most of the interior is stripped out and it is ready to be scrubbed now. Its nice to finally have that stinky carpet gone.

The staple of this project

Nose cap ripped off.

The Nasty-ness

Carpet gone, the rear side panels are out now as well, dash is coming out today.

I found only minor surface rust so far, nothing I cant sand off so Im fairly happy that I have a good base to work from.

Stay tuned

James

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Wow, my thread is massively unpopular! biggrin.gif Oh well, Pulled the dash out before noon today! Hopefully I can snag the motor out this weekend as well. It seems my dashboard is cracked at the mounting points.. Any sugestions other than getting a new one? If I fiberglass it will it hold up? If anyone has any panels they want to get rid of that are in decent shape PM me, also I am trashing most of the interior so if anyone needs some stuff PM me, all I ask is shipping.

Peace,

James

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
gonna take a break until it cools off some here. Here are the latest updates.

got some help from my baby boy biggrin.gif

Topless time

More progress.

I have never taken the hatch off, but I am asuming that I have to replace the sealer around the hatch, anyone done this before that can offer me some pointers?

Anyway, Thanks for looking

HellFire-

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Ford Fiesta MK3 1.4i And a Honda CRX 1.5 1985
Good going smile.gif

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
wow there is like no rust on that car lol and the lack of rear bumper sag is crazy...lucky guy lol

as for the dash ,are the mounts on each side at the top broken ??? or is it the bottom ones ??? ,the top some should be easy to fiberglass ,just rough them up a bit and glass away lol,the bottom ones might be a little tough

for seam sealing it think it would be easiest to apply the sealer to the car then instal the hatch

good luck with the crx bro ,its pretty clean ,so things should be pretty smooth goin wink.gif

peace mitch

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
the top mounts on the dash are cracked, the middle one and the left one, i figured i would glass the or pick up another dash, i need another CRX for spare parts lol, found some nasty rust spots today, the Right side a-pillar has some rust on it that was hidden under all the freakin dirt on the damn car, on the left door the stopping hinge(i guess that is what you call it) its the bar in the middle that stops the door from swinging wide open. The entire area around that is rusted out and when I open the door it starts to pull out, I will most likely cut the area out and put some more aluminum behind it to replace it. Havent really figured out what im going to do there yet.

Sgt. Pepper

That thing looks pretty clean, no rust that can I see. Keep up the good work.

BTW, cute kid

Oh, and nice underwear laugh.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jun 9 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That thing looks pretty clean, no rust that can I see. Keep up the good work.

BTW, cute kid

Oh, and nice underwear laugh.gif

LOL thats my buddy, I put him to work last night biggrin.gif lol I will tell him. Im the funny looking one holding the kid..lol

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (b16a87crxsi @ Jun 9 2007, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the top mounts on the dash are cracked, the middle one and the left one, i figured i would glass the or pick up another dash, i need another CRX for spare parts lol, found some nasty rust spots today, the Right side a-pillar has some rust on it that was hidden under all the freakin dirt on the damn car, on the left door the stopping hinge(i guess that is what you call it) its the bar in the middle that stops the door from swinging wide open. The entire area around that is rusted out and when I open the door it starts to pull out, I will most likely cut the area out and put some more aluminum behind it to replace it. Havent really figured out what im going to do there yet.

if thats all thats really wrong with the dash id just glass it wink.gif ,but if your going to get another 1st gen then giver and swap them out lol
fiberglass should work fine though

that sucks about the rust ,it should be a pretty easy fix though...Do you have a welder ??? or know someone that can weld in a new piece ???

which pillar had rust ??? by the window or by the door ???I had some by the window in one spot about the size of a dime,I just took a hobby sandblaster and blasted it out and then just used a little fiberglass jelly to clean it up wink.gif all is good now lol

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Jun 10 2007, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if thats all thats really wrong with the dash id just glass it wink.gif ,but if your going to get another 1st gen then giver and swap them out lol
fiberglass should work fine though

that sucks about the rust ,it should be a pretty easy fix though...Do you have a welder ??? or know someone that can weld in a new piece ???

which pillar had rust ??? by the window or by the door ???I had some by the window in one spot about the size of a dime,I just took a hobby sandblaster and blasted it out and then just used a little fiberglass jelly to clean it up wink.gif all is good now lol

My friend has a welder so we can use his. The rust is by the window, Once I cut the windshield out I will find out had bad it is hopefully.

James

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Worked for about an hour today, took a break from the demo work and decided to start the re-dye of all of the interior. Just gonna re-dye everything black, even the white top trim panels, I decided to two-tone the dash and im fairly pleased with the results, anyway heres the update.

Dash shots

My computer room has turned into a parts depository!! Unfortunately I do not have a garage sad.gif

Thanks for looking,
James

Edited by b16a87crxsi, 11 June 2007 - 07:45 PM.

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Put more of the dash back together.

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Update:

Someone thought it would be funny to vandalize my CRX. They thought it would be funny to kick my door which made a dent below the door handle right on the body line, they also thought it would be funny to bust the lower silver body cladding. Needless to say I am PISSED.... sad.gif Now I have to find more door cladding, which I suspect is not going to be easy. If anyone here has some OR knows where I can find some, PLEASE help me.

Thanks,

James

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (b16a87crxsi @ Jun 20 2007, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update:
Someone thought it would be funny to vandalize my CRX. They thought it would be funny to kick my door which made a dent below the door handle right on the body line, they also thought it would be funny to bust the lower silver body cladding. Needless to say I am PISSED.... sad.gif Now I have to find more door cladding, which I suspect is not going to be easy. If anyone here has some OR knows where I can find some, PLEASE help me.
Thanks,

James
Dude thats a shame mad.gif if i were you and found out who did such a thing i would kick his ass and then make him pay for the damage and then kick his ass again.

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread