• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2006 Scion xA, 84 CRX 1500s
Anyone else hate ebay snipers?

I totally got sniped on something I really wanted...in the last 5 seconds of the auction! GAH!

mad.gif

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Bid faster than they snipe.

Time it.

You have to be like an assasin, sneaking up behind the sniper in his tower.

OR, use a rocket launcher and blow the guy up. that would mean setting the bidding so high he cant touch it.

blu84rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 CRX
    Garage View Garage
I hate it to. It happens WAY to often. Sadly tho there is not much you can do about it.
Conceal nothing... And watch the fools search forever!

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (bobdragster @ Jun 25 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bid faster than they snipe.
Time it.

You have to be like an assasin, sneaking up behind the sniper in his tower.
OR, use a rocket launcher and blow the guy up. that would mean setting the bidding so high he cant touch it.

Well I was bidding on chrisandsarahb's side skirts, given that they were broken I didnt want to pay to much, but I didnt think anyone else would either but I would have given more than the other bidder won them for....grr... damn laptop, im not as fast on the mouse...

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
dude, your telling me. i just sniped a set of broken sideskirts tho. sometimes it works out for the best.

just kidding dude. it wasnt me
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 25 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude, your telling me. i just sniped a set of broken sideskirts tho. sometimes it works out for the best.
just kidding dude. it wasnt me

I was gonna mapquest your location!!! ph34r.gif

Im sure it was a fellow RPR member that got em, which is good...but I wanted em pretty bad.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (b16a87crxsi @ Jun 25 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was gonna mapquest your location!!! ph34r.gif
Im sure it was a fellow RPR member that got em, which is good...but I wanted em pretty bad.

Message the person and offer them more than they paid.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
well all i can say (no it wasn't me but i've sniped many a thing in the past) you set a limit on how much you can afford, then you set a limit above that based on how much you want it, if this is too high for your blood then give up now, if you can still pay for it at that point congratulations you have won an item believe me. and if you buy broken sideskirts for more than $40 shipped.... i might have some rare U.S.-used, japanese brake pads for the 1st gen/3rd gen that you might be interested in for $35 hahahahahahaahahahah
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Jun 26 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well all i can say (no it wasn't me but i've sniped many a thing in the past) you set a limit on how much you can afford, then you set a limit above that based on how much you want it, if this is too high for your blood then give up now, if you can still pay for it at that point congratulations you have won an item believe me. and if you buy broken sideskirts for more than $40 shipped.... i might have some rare U.S.-used, japanese brake pads for the 1st gen/3rd gen that you might be interested in for $35 hahahahahahaahahahah

Its called im good with fiberglass.
Would be kind of easy to fix fiberglass side skirts.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (b16a87crxsi @ Jun 26 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its called im good with fiberglass.
Would be kind of easy to fix fiberglass side skirts.

funny since most people I know that are "good with fiberglass" would make their own rather than fix broken ones but hey to each their own! good times, good times!
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Do you guys know who is getting a real kick out of this thread right now? I won't say ph34r.gif *looks in Chris_F_dude's direction* dry.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
QUOTE (b16a87crxsi @ Jun 26 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but I would have given more than the other bidder won them for....grr... damn laptop, im not as fast on the mouse...

EDU (from ebay.com):

Here's how bidding on eBay works:

When you place a bid, you enter the maximum amount you'd be willing to pay for the item. Your maximum amount is kept confidential from other bidders and the seller.

The eBay system compares your bid to those of the other bidders.

The system places bids on your behalf, using only as much of your bid as is necessary to maintain your high bid position (or to meet the reserve price). The system will bid up to your maximum amount.

If another bidder has a higher maximum, you'll be outbid. BUT, if no other bidder has a higher maximum, you win the item. And you could pay significantly less than your maximum price! This means you don't have to keep coming back to re-bid every time another bid is placed.

Seems pretty straight forward to me...

sig1.jpg

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^^ SOME bidders will just bid up if you place a MAXIMUM amount just to be jerks and make you pay more^^^^

BEST RULE:: IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM!! WHILE IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO!!! .etc..etc..etc..

RARECRX:::: IS A FREAKING E-BAY SNIPER NOW AFTER BEING SNIPED MANY TIMES

I just wait until the last seconds and place a REALLY HIGH MAXIMUM BID.... No way will they have time to INFLATE THE PRICE just to make you pay more.. It works for them just as well as it works for me.

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
Yeah. Ebay Proxy bids automatically. I used to feel the same way, but if you REALLY wanted it you'd have put what you were willing to pay.

ChrisF-dude