B-series Motor

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

85crx_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '00 Civic Si EBP
Heres the plan guys. I want to be able to smoke everyone (especially my friend with his camero), but keep the gas milage in a good range(25-30 mpg around town) cause this is my daily driver. Now I want to swap in a B-series because of all of the availble aftermarket parts and Hasport makes engine mounts for the B-series. Also the B-series has great stock horse power. The problem is I dont know which one to swap. I am leaning twards the B18a1 cause it has more after market parts than the B16a1 and is easier to come by, but will the B18a1 fit into a 85 crx si or do I have to go with the B16a1? Also I have heard of peopel swaping in the B18c1 which sounds pretty cool, but agian will it fit into my crx? sad.gif

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Scion xA, 84 CRX 1500s
B16a1 is a good swap cuz its cable tranny, and vtec, you miss out on vtec with the b18a1, the b18c1 is hydro tranny so you would have to swap over to hydro....the b16 makes the car STUPID fast.... I would say go with a b16a1.....

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
you dont have to convert to hydro, you just bolt up a cable tranny. the only b series engine that wont fit is the b20a that came out of the preludes. b series parts are interchangable so i dont see where your coming up with the b16a1 has no aftermarket. both the b18 and the b16 are good choices. vtec will make more power, the b18 heads flow like dog poo. im going with either a b18 or a b20. i have both sitting in my garage it just depends on whether or not the b18 i have is good. if i had to make the choice again i would have bought the b16a1 swap from hmotorsonline and then upgraded to a bigger displacement later.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice to want to be everyone, but as for your friend what year/model camaro and what engine mods? Those LS1s are no joke though, IIRC 13.4 stock. Add just a supercharge or turbo to the LS1 with some tires and they can reach 10s or 11s.

There are plenty of topics about the engines though, scan through this thread.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

85crx_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '00 Civic Si EBP
My friend own a 98 Z28 camero.

So I could bolt on things for a B18 on to a B16l like headers and cold air intake? If so could I get between 175-200 hp out of a B16. Lastly, which car is a good source for a B16a1?

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
man you need to search. the b16a1 is not available in the us. go to www.hmotorsonline.com. there are plenty of parts available for the b16, if you cant find them then your blind

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

strsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '00 Civic Si & '86 CRX Si
i would go b18a1 on my crx. just seems a little easier to wire then the b16.
also i already have a b16 in my other civc.

i think the low end that a b18a has over a b16 would be more fun in a light crx. both would be great choices though.
'00 Civic Si
181whp, 119wtq- all motor b16

'86 CRX Si