Zc Vs D16a1

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

bad@ssracer

i have been checking my options on motor swaps in my rex, and i considered a d16a1 from a teg, and a zc. much to my surprize the zc swap is gonna be bout $300+ cheaper than the d16a1, and the zc i found is garunteed to have less than 30k miles on it. and the d16 i found for the $300 price diff has 110k on it. just thought that i would let every1 here know that sumtimes jdm parts are way cheaper than american. i called 16 different junkyards, and only 1 importer!!
The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

incubusfan21

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si
So when do we get to work?
Dem
Boyz
Racing

Ride Syndicate !

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bad@ssracer @ Jul 21 2005, 11:58 AM)
i have been checking my options on motor swaps in my rex, and i considered a d16a1 from a teg, and a zc. much to my surprize the zc swap is gonna be bout $300+ cheaper than the d16a1, and the zc i found is garunteed to have less than 30k miles on it. and the d16 i found for the $300 price diff has 110k on it. just thought that i would let every1 here know that sumtimes jdm parts are way cheaper than american. i called 16 different junkyards, and only 1 importer!!

You're right, they are. Unfortunately, the Powers at Be in various parts of the country, like mine, California, (or Canada, if I have been reading correctly) don't allow such engines to pass the smog regs and, as such, there is less demand for them. The economics of that works out as the ZC, the better engine, costing less than the D16A1, less power but legal...and so it goes. dry.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

G1tegZc

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 G1 teg
The only difference between a ZC and a d16a1 is the cams........

Those guys are trying to rip you off........

ZC's should be in the range of $600-$700 dollars......

D16a1's should be in the range of about $400-$500

JDM motors arn't perfect motors....especially since they have been dained of oil, and sitting so long that most of the seals need to be replaced..

and second Off
that whole 30,000 mile thing is complete bull...

I used to work at a shop that imported engines......

There is no real way to tell.....

The fact is that gas is really expensive in japan...so most used public transportation....it is definittly possible but no physical way to truelly tell..

They don't come over with odometers......

If he's telling you he can get a ZC for cheap check it out in person first.. and make sure its a ZC and not a d16....alot of people camm d16a1's ZC's
I love Old School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T-Bars UNITE

bad@ssracer

i am buyin a complete swap, motor trans, and computer. i have seen the motor and yes it is a true zc. its $1200 shipped direct to my door. they are even givin me a 6 month warrenty. the motor actually has oil in it, and u can tell that they didnt just pour some in. the motor must have fairly low miles cuz we pulled the valve cover off(u could tell it hadnt been off b4) and it wasnt tarnished on the underside at all, and niether was the head.

forgot to mention that i live in nebraska a.k.a NO EMISSIONS STANDARDS

Edited by bad@ssracer, 22 July 2005 - 12:13 AM.

The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub