• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Well I'm about to tackle a mild restoration of a set of 13" Mugen CF-48's. This is where I will document the progress and post up some pics, mainly because I think the wheels are sexy. laugh.gif

All four aero covers are here... but in pieces. lol Only one is even in one piece... kinda. But they are last on my list of parts to find.

I first need to find a source for reproduction center caps and wheel-rim badges. Any info here peppers? I'm having serious trouble finding anything at all...

Second question, color. They are original solid silver ones, and thats what I plan on going back to. Any suggestions on product you guys like to use? I may lay a few dark coats of base first just to tone down the silver a bit. I just seem to see all the CF-48's with kind of a gun metal finish rather than light silver.

I'm open to any suggestions and/or help on finding the accessories for these. Thanks guys. Pics to come.

-Cam

Vicious

Bobby makes replica Mugen emblems contact ballade for the eBay seller he bought his rep centercaps from the ones he bought where super clean but idk if they snapped when he tried installing like most replica caps do

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I tried to contact ballade's eBay seller about 5 days ago, no response. Anybody know another way to get ahold of him?

I'm thinking of tackling making a reproduction of the aero cover. I've seen it done on small models and things, and have found a web site that has amazing info and materials for the job. I'll share it when I get home.

Vicious

QUOTE (Old School REX @ Dec 6 2011, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to contact ballade's eBay seller about 5 days ago, no response. Anybody know another way to get ahold of him?

I'm thinking of tackling making a reproduction of the aero cover. I've seen it done on small models and things, and have found a web site that has amazing info and materials for the job. I'll share it when I get home.

I'd ask Bobby what plastic materials he used when he made molds and replicas of the covers he made me a set and they came out prefect pics are in my thread and I'll post up in a bit but he made me 14" covers

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
I'd love a set for my 13's Cam

Are you willing to make extra's?

Elliot

Posted Image

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Hay cam I do have extra badges but only if buddy doesn't surface.
CF48's are a very cool rim.
and IMO 13's are the shit.
rock them with pride.

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
I've got replica emblems and a set of replica center caps. PM me. If you have an aero cover that is still in one piece I would love to make a mold of it and I can reproduce covers for anybody who needs them.

sig1.jpg

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

QUOTE (E-Man @ Dec 7 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you willing to make extra's?

Yes I am!

QUOTE (ballade @ Dec 7 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hay cam I do have extra badges but only if buddy doesn't surface.
CF48's are a very cool rim.
and IMO 13's are the shit.
rock them with pride.

I'll let you know... I have to get them painted first...

QUOTE (1gencrx @ Dec 7 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got replica emblems and a set of replica center caps. PM me. If you have an aero cover that is still in one piece I would love to make a mold of it and I can reproduce covers for anybody who needs them.

I'll pm you for sure! This is a task I have wanted to tackle for a long time. I'll be in touch. Either way, look for 13" aero covers soon peppers!

Vicious

As promised these are pics of the ones bobby made me about a year ago i think

fit like a glove.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
if there will be center caps oraerocovers made I'm very interested in set wink.gif

rsjapan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: CRX 84' MUGEN GT4 SCCA REPLICA & CIVIC 87' EPSON REPLICA
me too !!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Thanks viscous! Where did you source the replica decals and allen screw sets? Obviously u can just get the screws from a hardware store, but I was just wondering.

I hope to make a set of the aero covers. If I can get them right I have no problem making more sets, or Bobby can if he wants, either ways so long as rpr benefits.

What kind of valve stems do the cf48's take? Anyone know where to get replacements? They're so tiny!

Obviously they take acorn style lug nuts, but I noticed bobbys are open faced. Just curious what everyone runs.

Also still in for suggestions on paint.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

This is what I have to work with. A few slight cracks that need to be repaired. Not too shabby for a rotted 25 yr old car.

Interceptor

• Check your rearview if I'm not behind !
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '84 Honda CRX - '72 Datsun S30Z - '89 Austin Mini
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
this seems promising smile.gif

WTB Blue CRX interior parts & Dashboard

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
QUOTE (Interceptor @ Dec 8 2011, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this seems promising smile.gif

It is pretty promising actually. Cam and I will be working on the project together. We have most of the supplies so now we are just trying to coordinate a day where we can meet up and get started. We will be sure to post pics when we get the first aero cover done. Neither one of us have ever done anything like this before, so just give us a little bit of time and keep checking back.

Jeff