1980 Cvcc Civic B16 Swap 90% Done

• You cannot reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic

Moose

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1999 Turbo-Si, 1987 Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2001 Procharged Cobra, 2007 Jeep Compass
looks tight! good work man, keep us updated!
The Original Corndog Minion

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (civic80vtec @ Mar 6 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here is what ive done 1980 cvcc civic 2nd gen ---- with B16 SIR motor swap 90 % done with the help of the 1st gen CRX parts...

...tell me what you think

I think...I LIKE IT! smile.gif

Right on! Looks like you did a nice job w/the mount fabrication. I (we) would love to see more pics and descriptions on how you made it work.

What do you have planned for the suspension? Are you building the car for straight line grins or will it brake and turn too?

Nice work.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What are you doing about axles?

We ended up having to seperate the Accord and Civic joints, and cut/weld the shafts to the right lengthts, then rebuild them.
Posted Image

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
damn...bump

eric87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF W/ Si motor R.I.P, 1985 Si w/ D16A1, 1996 Neon
    Garage View Garage
cool...i havent seen one of these swaps done before but it looks like it will be fun...

What He Said /\/\/\

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
blink.gif I wanna know more.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1980 civic B16vtec
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Mar 7 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you doing about axles?

We ended up having to seperate the Accord and Civic joints, and cut/weld the shafts to the right lengthts, then rebuild them.

the motor has 160 hp/ at like 115 lbs with 1500 lbs pressure plate cut and weld will snap and having them made the axles are alot of $$$$ so i did more search and found a place in portland Or, ( dutchman ) they do shorten cut and respline axles for less than 200.00 dutchmanms.com i had to go this way im using the inter-shaft from the integra to stop torque steer. the way i put the motor in the small axles shafts on both sides are the same size - i had to cute two extra shafts i had to to mesure and weld the spline i needed for the stock cvcc hubs to send in to dutchman.( there the same as the 84-87 civic ) then for the brakes i used the bigger 84-87 civic ones with washers to fit the disk and caliper to the stock hubs - shocks--- the stock ones do hold the motor up and body like stock but give it a caddi ride. so i found some lowering springs for the cvcc that drop it 1/12 with stiffer springs i also made traction bars to help with wheel hop. i also got the subaru impressa brake master cyl and it fits great for a lill extra power thats the pic i have at the 1st page at the top. hope this awnsers it lol.
I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
here is what i went by with the axles after compresed springs line the axles

here is the front with a nose.

here is the side this was funny (had 12 inch i put 17's for fun looks funny. im going 14 inch rota's.

I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
kool, the car i was working on is far from stock, its a 4dr with the roof cut off and the windshild chopped, its a realy clean roadster.
Posted Image

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Mar 7 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kool, the car i was working on is far from stock, its a 4dr with the roof cut off and the windshild chopped, its a realy clean roadster.

that would be bad **s choped sweet in the summer - parts are hard to find for this cvcc i had to get a fender took 3 months to find one. years ago i had a 81 cvcc same color and had to let it go i was 16 im 28 now and got another one now. piced it up for $25.00 cash lol i have $3500.00 in it now w/ the motor and such i have 3 weeks to get it driving for paint but its just me doing this and i have 2 kids but gatta get-r-done. ya tryed to get friends to help but you know who your friends are huh! lol ill give out info on what i did with this swap on any of it. i would like to see more of the cvcc b16-B18-B20 rockets.

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
here is how i did center and line up basic rope on fender bolts need center on car- then find center on motor & trans (level weight) then rope across for line up lasar light works too. this is what sets axles inline.easy this way will center gravity the car w/ motor trans side to side. helps with cornering. jacks on both sids on hubs w/o axles in to copmress the springs then set trans/motor hight inline with hubs set mark build mounts.

gtigilbert

looks like it's going to be fun, where you from?

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (gtigilbert @ Mar 8 2007, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like it's going to be fun, where you from?

Salem Or, where the old people live lol,

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
no i think springfeld got more old people
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN