• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

OldSkoolEX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 96 Fiesta Zetec, New Project Coming Soon
    • Image Gallery
im starting to think ahead.. i wouldnt mind swapping a more powerful engine and manual trans into my sedan. what engines can be put in a 3g fairly easily? any that are straight swaps with no engine mount modification? ZC maybe?

if i am going to drop in another engine and trans it wouldnt be for a while but i want to know whats what and how easy the various swaps are.. also how hard is it to install a fuel injected honda engine into a carbed 3g? i wouldnt mind having enough power to play with scoobie's, older evo's, type-r's etc..

keep in mind this would be my first engine swap...

Edited by OldSkoolEX, 29 March 2004 - 07:25 AM.

user posted image
96 Fiesta Zetec - The DD
87 Ballade - Sold for a bag of peanuts
Next Project - Coming Soon (I hope)
My Gallery

OldSkoolEX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 96 Fiesta Zetec, New Project Coming Soon
    • Image Gallery
ooh.. almost forgot..

how much potential does the EW2 have? if it could take atleast a 50 shot of nitrous i may just keep the EW and go on the bottle..

anyone have any experience with nitrous on an EW? anyone know just how much you can safely put on the engine?

reason im thinking about going on the bottle is that the engine has extremely low mileage and i dont want to just junk an EW with mileage that low..

i was also thinking that if i were to install a dry system couldnt i just pull the choke when i hit the bottle to even out the a/f ratio a bit?
user posted image
96 Fiesta Zetec - The DD
87 Ballade - Sold for a bag of peanuts
Next Project - Coming Soon (I hope)
My Gallery

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
try to talk to eldo i think is how you spell it he has nos on a ew but also has a holly monster carb on it . i belive he said that a 55 was ok but 100 blew his air cleaner off. or somthing like that.

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
That would be something to see the Air cleaner shoting up off the top of an EW. Supposedly if you add weber DCOE 40mm carbs you can push the motor up to about 130+ hp. Do a little head work (PP, cam), header, 2in exhaust piping. I would bank close to 150+ crank hp, maybe. ph34r.gif
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]