"the Civ"

• You cannot reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members

I got the new turbo and it fits just right!! Now waiting on more parts and ill start throwing things together.

IMG_4348_zpssranjnwl.jpg

IMG_4350_zpsvuffwwpf.jpg

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip

IMG_4392_zps0fyecrha.jpg

Getting closer! Anyone have a link on a good diagram for the vacuum lines? Like what i can block off and what needs to be used etc. They currently all plug into this mess on the firewall and i want to get rid of it. Thanks!

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
1989 Integra Factory Shop Manual
http://www.g1teg.org...c.php?f=14&t=10

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip

IMG_4400_zpspg3lhnie.jpg

Getting closer! Just need to take it south 2 hours to get the Downpipe Fabbed up and the Dyno tune done. Oh and wait for my radiator hoses to show up before i can take it south!

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip

Need fender flares, a downpipe, and a tune! oh and $.IMG_4557_zpse7ilbc9s.jpg

IMG_4547_zps9yrfitzh.jpgFullSizeR_zpsv8rchbdi.jpg

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

IMG_4392_zps0fyecrha.jpg

Getting closer! Anyone have a link on a good diagram for the vacuum lines? Like what i can block off and what needs to be used etc. They currently all plug into this mess on the firewall and i want to get rid of it. Thanks!

OK, I'll show my turbo ignorance and ask what part does this tube serve and could it not simply have been shortened or installed 180 degrees around to point downward instead of protruding through the header panel?

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF, 1985 Honda CRX SI, 2003 Land Rover Disco
    Garage View Garage

OK, I'll show my turbo ignorance and ask what part does this tube serve and could it not simply have been shortened or installed 180 degrees around to point downward instead of protruding through the header panel?

I also had the same question.  I've done turbo setups before, and I've never seen this.  I can't tell what it's coming off of.  It looks like it's coming off of some valve on the manifold above the turbo.  Blow off valve exit pipe?  Just spit-balling here. 

Build thread: "Skittle 2.0" - http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1
Build thread 2: "Red Daily"http://www.redpepper...topic=55687&hl=

My Classic Honda Blog - http://genone-blog.blogspot.com/

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

It's confusing to me for in one picture the mounting point seems to be 90 degrees off from the second picture?

IMG_4350_zpsvuffwwpf.jpg

IMG_4392_zps0fyecrha.jpg

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF, 1985 Honda CRX SI, 2003 Land Rover Disco
    Garage View Garage

It's confusing to me for in one picture the mounting point seems to be 90 degrees off from the second picture?

Yeah, it looks like the pipe coming up through the header panel is connected to some kind of valve, rather than the manifold itself.

Build thread: "Skittle 2.0" - http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1
Build thread 2: "Red Daily"http://www.redpepper...topic=55687&hl=

My Classic Honda Blog - http://genone-blog.blogspot.com/

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Yeah, it looks like the pipe coming up through the header panel is connected to some kind of valve, rather than the manifold itself.

Ah yes, good eye CRXer87hf. I didn't catch that 'til now...guess we'll have to wait for VTECKILLER to weigh in on this for clarification.

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip
This is the dump tube as most people call it. It comes directly off the external wastegate. If I would have pointed it down to the ground it would have been shooting flames/hot air directly onto the intercooler when in boost. I could have run it sideways and around the turbo and down to the floor but I don't have a welder or bender etc. it came pre bent as a kit with the wastegate. I can take pictures to show what I'm talking about if you would like! Some turbos are internally gated and the "dump tube" is just usually dumped right into the exhaust. This is an externally gated setup requiring a separate dump tube (I also could have routed it into the downpipe but that would require the bending and welder etc) sorry I don't know how far I need to explain! Haha

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip
The first picture shows the manifold without the wastegate installed. The second picture shows the wastegate installed with the tube (wastegate hides under there very nicely)

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Thanks VTECKILLER, that explanation was totally understandable and answered all my questions. Sounds as if this setup could make for some very interesting night time photos!

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip
Well the car won't start. I have a base map burned onto a chip made for my setup. She turns over and fires but it runs very rough for a second and then dies out. Any ideas? I switched from 300cc injectors to 1000cc (the base map is made for 1000cc) do I need to mess with a resistor box? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

VTECKILLER

• Granny
  • Pip

So the car had DSM injectors but i cant find the damn resistor box to remove it. where is the resistor box usually located?