Carbed zc

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

hondacrx44

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Hey everybody, I need a little advice. I am about to put a SOHC Zc engine into my 86 CRX mini stock and rules say must be carbed. Which intake manifold can I use for this and which carb would work best? Thanks.

1GCRXDX

• Going all out!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
ahhhh!   hmmmm.   I wonder if the DOHC and SOHC have universal intake manifolds.  Can't you just say that car came in a Fuel Injected model and you'll be okay?  Just  say it's an Si.   But as for carbed intake manifolds.  I personally was lookinf for a set until I stumbled upon a Carbed ZC (DOHC).  They are very rare though.  I would think you would have to modify your own intake manifold.  Such as using your FI ZC intake the cut it off half way and then find a manifold that lines up close to it and cut the other half off and weld the 2 together(extremely hard to make it good  I would think)  These are long shot ideas but thats what I started thinking when I needed one.   You could search for a carbed ZC but only 3 of us on this board has one and we just stumbled accross them.  I'm not sure what tom is doing with his but I don't think he'd part the intake and carb.  I'm sorry if this is no help to you but finding an intake manifold for a ZC that uses a carb is extremely hard.  I hope you figure somthing out and if you have any more questions please ask them.  ...there is another option that I just thought of but it costs a lot.  You could use weber  carbs and get the manifold with them.  Webers will give you lots of power.  I believe they go for about 1200 USD?  But on ebay sometimes you can find them pretty cheap

PEACE!

Brandon
If anyone can tell me somting better than a Weberized ZC I have yet to hear it!