ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
I know this has been gone over several times but what I'm wondering is
after you port match and bend the "J" pipe away from the cross member
is it a bolt on afair or is extra lenght needed to bolt the header to the "factory exhaust system

I'm looking for a clean install

any help would be great

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Some more info
I already bought an OBX 86-87 integra header. but the lower half hangs way to low and is way to long to bolt up to the stock exhaust. for those intrested I purchased the header off Ebay. nice header but the lower half wasn't ment to fit a 1st gen / 3rd gen.
now what I was thinking was using my OBX upper part (D16A1) in combo with a OBX (D16A6 88-91 civic) lower half.

like I said any help would be great.

If someone has a bolt on solution for a header to the factory exhaust I'm all ears.

ZCdout

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
QUOTE (ballade @ Jan 26 2008, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some more info
I already bought an OBX 86-87 integra header. but the lower half hangs way to low and is way to long to bolt up to the stock exhaust. for those intrested I purchased the header off Ebay. nice header but the lower half wasn't ment to fit a 1st gen / 3rd gen.
now what I was thinking was using my OBX upper part (D16A1) in combo with a OBX (D16A6 88-91 civic) lower half.

like I said any help would be great.

If someone has a bolt on solution for a header to the factory exhaust I'm all ears.

I've been having the same issue with my 87 crx with btzc. I had to go to a muffler shop and they cut the pipe where it converts in to two to one off and made a ugly s shaped pipe and welded it on. it works for now but it seems like it has some flow restriction. $ 50 fix.

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
ya
there must be a better solution