• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

kevsCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si, 96 Subaru Legacy
    • Image Gallery
The AC in the crx doesnt work. Ive tried to recharge it a bunch of times and the coolant just leaks out or something isnt working. Should I just take out all my AC componants and gain the power.....if so people who have done it how much more power do you think I would get? OR should i just bite the bullet and fix it myself even though I know it would be expensive? Any ideas are welcome.

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
well its not gunna give you more power really, just less weight, not a noticable amount unless you doing 1/4. If you dont really need it and your not interested in doing 1/4 just leave it in, i left mine in for the time being

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
depends on what you use the car for. three things a daily driver must have for me; just enough to make it comfortable: tinted windows, a decent stereo, and a/c. i too am currently missing a/c. i say fix it if your climate gets hot enough in pa.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

xxpaulcpxx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Take it to an AC shop for their $40 "System Diagnosis Test", which will tell you what is wrong. Then you can replace that part yourself... it's not hard. You can then refill the system yourself or take it back to the shop for charging.