Turbonator

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
The part that gets me is ".....UP TO 35 hp gain...."

Now, that could mean it gives you 0.00000001 hp gain and technically that is UP TO 35hp rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
My ZC powered 85Si has aluminum flywheel, which does not affect drivability, (this is my 3rd alum flywheel in 2 cars), unorthodox pulley, header,MSD coil w/NGK plugs, Taylor wires, cut airbox with K&N panel filter by headlight housing, 88-89 Teg 5spd tranny. I am a service tech on the road, every day, and calculate mileage every stop. My Sentra automatic gets about 27 mpg mixed. My CRX which doesn't get driven much, got between 36-38 mpg enroute to N9 in Canada following behind Wilq in his turbo'd D16. The ZC was relatively new to me so I drove her gently too.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (Kain @ Aug 2 2005, 05:29 PM)
ummm... you know there can be JDM versions and EDM versions of US made cars.  because that's just like saying there's no such thing as a USDM or CDM crx.  and that'd be a very foolish statement, now wouldn't it?
Not at all. In fact, I'd make the statement that there's no such thing as a USDM CRX, because CRX's were made in Japan, and imported into the US...meaning they're export-market (built in Japan, for use in the US), not domestic market. For example, a '94 hatch for Canadian consumption would be CDM, since they were actually built by Honda of Canada, a Corvette built in Bowling Green, KY for US use would be USDM, but a Toyota Cavalier built in the US & sold in Japan would be JEM or some such thing (not JDM, since it's not really Japanese, and certainly isn't "domestic market").

Gear selection, as it relates to fuel economy, is related to load: if you have to be at 20% throttle to maintain a given speed in 4th gear, but 40% throttle to stay at that speed in 5th, you'll use less fuel traveling in 4th. It's not rocket science, but without an AFC or something similar displaying TPS numbers, it's a bit tough to tell while you're driving.