My First 1/4 Mile Race

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
Well I went to Mission this Friday and ran twice, the first time was actually better then the second time.
my first run was:

r/t=.800
60=2.647
330=7.766
1/8=12.076
mph=57.56
1000=15.830
1/4=19.154
mph=63.76

second run was:
r/t=.374 better
60=3.138 worse
330=8.236 worse
1/8=12.514 worse
mph=57.64 better
1000=16.260 worse
1/4=19.437 worse
mph=69.91 better

Both times I was racing a Jetta, one a gtx and one not sure what both pulling mid 15's

The second time round I thought I did better but I guess not, I know I lost a bit on the start the clutch was slipping. but a better r/t since I had time to see the lights.

The car is a DX body with a 1.5L carb with 215k+, fully loaded and the tires were my 16's it was fun. Still have the info on windows so I have to take off some time after work tomorrow. But fun.

Edit:
This all by myself since rampage didn't show so it was just me there and big k 3000 as a spectator, also just as I was comeing off the brige I was in a row of YES a row of 3 3gen hatchs all of us were the DX style. 1 went to the spectator side, the other went to town and me to the racing side. I belive it was a rpr member I saw that went to town I remember the car from the meet at the lake.

Edited by 3gencivic, 05 June 2004 - 02:39 AM.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
I was there all night. I thought it was a member of rpr, but didn't get a chance to say hi.
Glad to see you run the car.

Just remember though, the timer doesn't start until your car moves from the staging lights. The R/T wont affect the overall time at all. Now if you have some smaller rims, that would help you out somewhat. Your 16's are too tall and affect the gearing for the worse.

Lyle
twitter: @lylehatton

pwr_crx

Damn, i was there all night and didnt get together with any of you guys. 3gencivic, i saw your car but didnt see you anywhere around, i also saw both your races.
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
Good to see you had a good time.It can be addictive you know(my car was down once so i took our courtesy car there to run just to see those lights drop!)Wonder what happened to Rampage?-He had a hard on to get his 15's.
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
Hey Lyle,hows you're B-HF coming?Did you see a Supra run high 11's or low 12's?
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

dmotoguy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx, 98 jeep grand cheroke 5.9
work on your launch man... that would help a lot! good job, its fun aint it!

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yea i though i saw mark but i was in tec so i wasnt able to find him after i think he left early about 545pm, but yea thanks guys. it is adictive yes, and i had my boss there too wacthing and my other one was making fun of me at work that day and today too. adn i jokingly side it woudl be neat if work could sponser me adn he said it may work so i may have some grapghics on the car soon for work. its cool, have a lot to do to the car though if i was to really race it, strip the inside,but better tires on, the webber carb. custom cai, clutch. but all in good time.

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
i kno its ur first time out but drop those 60 foot mang 2.4 60 will most likely get u in high 18 from wut u ran i think it would get u around 18.7ish and if u cut that to a 2.2 ull get around 18.3-4 maybe.

91civicDXdude

• Granny
  • Pip
IMO, if you're not running 15s at the BARE MINIMUM, dont even bother posting.

18 seconds is SLOOOOW blink.gif

10secCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
no shit.

pwr_crx

QUOTE (91civicDXdude @ Jun 12 2004, 09:40 AM)
IMO, if you're not running 15s at the BARE MINIMUM, dont even bother posting.

18 seconds is SLOOOOW  blink.gif

He can post what ever the fuck he wants, if you dont like it dont read it. Alot of people might be interested in what their dx's will run and this give them a time. He never said that his car was fast. All he said was that he had fun at the races. Just because he ran 18+ seconds doesnt mean he cant post here. Next time keep your dumbass comments to yourself.

rolleyes.gif
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (3gencivic @ Jun 5 2004, 09:09 PM)
so i may have some grapghics on the car soon for work. its cool, have a lot to do to the car though if i was to really race it, strip the inside,but better tires on, the webber carb. custom cai, clutch. but all in good time.

Gutting and stickering up a car in hopes of running a 17 second 1/4 is pretty dumb laugh.gif. It'll be even more embarassing when your stripped-down race car is still a full 3+ seconds behind stock Neons ph34r.gif.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
no what fu*k you all i post that i do upgrades to my car i get bassed for looks insted of power now i START to race and i get fu8ked on that too. this site has really decresed in the last few months and i wonder why you all shit on th enew guys.

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
He might be slow but he didn't claim to be fast either. At least he isn't street racing. And even with his car slow he can still gain experiance at the lights which is valuable. And he didn't say his car was "stickered up" he said his job might sponser him and thus he would have decals.
If this guy posting about his fun at the dragstrip is offensive to you in anyway you need to get some f**king perspective and chill out.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

DarkHand

Don't worry 3gencivic, the majority of the thread was positive. smile.gif Glad you had fun! I'm hoping to get my CRX to the track for the first time at least once this summer so I have a 'before' time to compare to when I do my swap. smile.gif
DarkHand