• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
epic win....

Damn you vicious

btw, new lip? looks HOT
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Jul 31 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You painted the hood? Just wondering why did you choose not to paint the header panel?

And what are those screws that you used to bolt it down?
No, didn't paint the hood. I've just undressed it from the carbon vinyl and the color is the same it used to have.
Either I'm going to paint the hood also mat or leave it white and the header panel also white.
Panel is now mat painted because it had a broken little side and some dents from stones, which was obvious. So, a fast & easy way to paint it after I fixed it, was the mat color spay.
The panel is bolted with alen screws with anodized blue washers.

CRX D16 DOHC by Jspec....mini rocket

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
QUOTE (Jspecx @ Jul 31 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More updates coming next week (hope that)

Jspecx! where you been? your rex is looking great man! nice find with the ZC. the mounts look a little rough, but when the center the engine that nicely, who cares?!?! lol awesome job. just a note about the engine damper. some guys have had head gasket issues because they mounted their damper to the head, so it was trying to pull the head off when the engine torqued. good job putting that on the mount instead... but i would highly recommend filling the motor mounts and trying that without the damper. you can use a pourable urethane, or for the cheap and easy route. a tube of urethane caulk (i get roof and flashing sealant) works nicely! let it dry for at least a day before installing the mounts though, and probably another day before really using them. i dont know the dry time on the pourable urethane, but you can find more info about that in the KAKABOX build thread since he recently did these!

with all that POWA though you might need both filled mounts and damper! lol

oh and Vicious... i keel you. i asked him about that and his awesome exhaust manifold too. did anyone else notice the larger cast manifold? like is in the EW engine cutaway pics? sure its heavier than an header... but that OEM EDM goodness biggrin.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
hey Kaymo...i don't forget you. You were the first one for the parts. Hope I will find a way man.
As for the mounts, I had already filled the mount that bolt’s the damper, with strong silicone (the black one that used at the windshields) Very strong and really works great. Now left to do the tranny one.

Ow.why the EW header is so special? I find it crap, ugly and weight a TON. tongue.gif

Edited by Jspecx, 03 August 2009 - 04:17 AM.

C8V6C

QUOTE (Jspecx @ Jul 31 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The panel is bolted with alen screws with anodized blue washers.

Do you have any closer pics of the hardware? I was thinking of doing something like that one day smile.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
QUOTE (Jspecx @ Aug 3 2009, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey Kaymo...i don't forget you. You were the first one for the parts. Hope I will find a way man.
As for the mounts, I had already filled the mount that bolt’s the damper, with strong silicone (the black one that used at the windshields) Very strong and really works great. Now left to do the tranny one.

Ow.why the EW header is so special? I find it crap, ugly and weight a TON. tongue.gif

yeah i think its probably heavier than our stock USDM, but it is definately different. i wish someone would post the EW engine cutaway, i know its on someone's gallery here. the one you have is a 421 design while ours is a 4-1. it will probably cost too much to ship, but i thought it was a VERY cool part. still want the diff tho biggrin.gif

fill that trans mount, but what about the rear one too? i filled mine so much when i put the little safety strap back on it and tightened it, it squeezed the polyurethane even more and made it even stiffer. i could loosen the bolts to loosen the mount if its too stiff for some reason... but i had all 4 mounts filled in my last car and liked it so.

im not in a huge rush on that diff, so ill let you keep searching for the cheapest way to get it to me. wink.gif i appreciate it, and again, your car is inspirational!

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Probably i will see more difference with the rear mount. It's stock. Must find some time to fill that also, because these days little time left to spent for the car.

As for the header, i didn't know about the 4-1 / 4-2-1 , besicaly i don't know any of the differences Europe - US. wacko.gif
Still working for the LSD.

UPdates on the car:
New momo suede steering wheel
New GT Cupline rear lowering springs (I drop the rear a little) but I need to cut it so I can work it with the coilover. Seems a little harder, hope I will done that this weekend.

Also, change on the wheels…..hope for better. I will not post pics of these till I have them received. tongue.gif 15” white but other style. I can’t wait.. ph34r.gif

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
i didnt know if it was jdm only or what, but ive never seen one in person or really online before yours, just in the EW cutaway pic.

how many miles you got? those rear mounts can get pretty flimsy. if you are going to COMPLETELY fill the rear mount, like in this pic i would recommend filling the rear one in two steps to speed drying, fill under the "bridge" and let it dry a bit before filling the rest. my engine seems almost unmovable with all the mounts filled. i think it will greatly improve the acceleration smoothness because the worn stock mounts made it seem alot jumpier

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Aug 13 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have any closer pics of the hardware? I was thinking of doing something like that one day smile.gif
Go to the first page, there are pics of these anodized washer bolts. You can find them on ebay, very cheap and in many colors.

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (kaymo @ Aug 13 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i didnt know if it was jdm only or what, but ive never seen one in person or really online before yours, just in the EW cutaway pic.

how many miles you got? those rear mounts can get pretty flimsy. if you are going to COMPLETELY fill the rear mount, like in this pic i would recommend filling the rear one in two steps to speed drying, fill under the "bridge" and let it dry a bit before filling the rest. my engine seems almost unmovable with all the mounts filled. i think it will greatly improve the acceleration smoothness because the worn stock mounts made it seem alot jumpier
That's the point. There are big differences in the acceleration and mainly when you go full throttle. I can figure out the better feel after i get these mounts done. Tranny and the rear one. I should had made these before i mount them on, now I must find time to work with... dry.gif

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
it also helps alot to have a second set of mounts to fill and let dry before you take yours out. i know not everyone has this luxury, but when you have parted out a few cars you start to have a couple laying about to play with

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Finally!!
The wheels are here and already installed. Much better from the ones that I was going to order at first. With new tires Toyo Proxes 4 195/50/15.

These are the wheels 15" x 6.5 , offset40. White with polish lip

Took some pics after a fresh bath....

By night at a train station

I like this!

Coming more this weekend.

let me know what you think unsure.gif

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Jspecx @ Aug 21 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
let me know what you think unsure.gif

Wow! The polished lip really snuck up on me! Im really more of a fan of non polished lips, aand the white isnt greek white :/ but the wheels look like thy fit well and look pretty sweet otherwise smile.gif

what happened to your rear bumper's red striping? get that taken care of! and your header panel smile.gif also, maybe think about getting some sides made to match the depth of your lip, i mean your have a REALLY deep lip and it kinda makes it look like its missing oter aero blink.gif

wonder how your car would look with red wheels ph34r.gif

props!

Jspecx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ATXBoy @ Aug 21 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! The polished lip really snuck up on me! Im really more of a fan of non polished lips, aand the white isnt greek white :/ but the wheels look like thy fit well and look pretty sweet otherwise smile.gif

what happened to your rear bumper's red striping? get that taken care of! and your header panel smile.gif also, maybe think about getting some sides made to match the depth of your lip, i mean your have a REALLY deep lip and it kinda makes it look like its missing oter aero blink.gif

wonder how your car would look with red wheels ph34r.gif

props!

I will get some better day time pics so you can take a better view of these.
The rear red stripe was not fitted after i changed the rear bumper, I've still got the new red stripe into my desk.
As for the front lip, i know that it's big and make difference with the rest body, but I don't want to change anything anymore. Somehow I've started to thing that I'm almost done with this car.

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
DONE?!?! Noooo!! sad.gif