Old School REX's Content

There have been 9 items by Old School REX (Search limited from 13-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#579915 Dmod Project

Posted by Old School REX on 10 February 2020 - 06:43 PM in Projects

Hopefully the ride height change will give you the results you're after.  Is it possible that you just changed the overall feel of the car by switching away from the rear panhard bar setup?  

#579884 The Kakabox Build

Posted by Old School REX on 30 January 2020 - 12:07 PM in Projects

I couldn't get back on RPR and not bump this infamous thread.  Such a shame that the photos are dead.  This build was always such an incredible resource for knowledge and inspiration to get work done on your own projects.  Who else "grew up" pouring over the Kaka thread? 

#579883 Dmod Project

Posted by Old School REX on 30 January 2020 - 11:56 AM in Projects

I've followed your build up on this car since it was a true street car.  That will not change with your new goal to switch to DM.  Looking forward to watching the progress and definitely think it's a good idea to do small projects between races!  That way you're still out enjoying the car as often as possible.  

Not related to a real race build in any way.... but I installed a teg front sway bar when I went B swap to help with the extra weight of the motor.  I very much liked the results.  Currently my full weight streetcar handles very neutral.  

#579875 My First Gen Crx 1986

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 05:06 PM in Projects

Wow, I will never forget this one.  All white with the red stripe, huge inspiration for me.  I remember wanting to emulate the power windows he did.  Wonder if this one is still around? 

#579874 Xp Build

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 05:01 PM in Projects

Have really enjoyed following your progress on FB!  Thanks for the advice on the image hosting.  I'll have to give that a shot as well. 

#579873 My Project Cr-X Si Ballade Sport *update 6/30/14

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 04:52 PM in Projects

I'm so glad to read that you still have the CRX in the family.  Yours was always one I enjoyed seeing photos of back in the day.  Such a good color combo.  I totally understand what you mean about the safety, or lack thereof, with the CRX.  It's a small miracle I survived my highschool years, seeing as a 1G was my first car. 

It's been fun seeing where folks build's have ended up.  

#579872 Crx - B18c1 Jdm Swap

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 04:47 PM in Projects

Always loved following your build!  Nice to hear you still use it.  I finally went full hydro with my B18C swap this past year and have loved every minute of it.  10/10, would recommend over the OTS cable to hydro conversion kits.  

#579871 Obd-2 Project Moving Foward

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 04:45 PM in Projects

It was great to finally see this car in person at a CHD event!  I like the sound of you possibly swapping to a Y8.  That is such an underrated motor.  I just hate the D series transmissions.  They don't like repeated abuse. Would be a great setup in a 3G though!  They're a bit lighter than the B series.  

#579870 Project "dean"

Posted by Old School REX on 27 January 2020 - 04:39 PM in Projects

Thanks for the bump bud!  Thought it would be fun to post on an old project thread.  This car is still alive and well.  Recently sold it to a good friend of mine.  (I still have 2 other CRXs) He plans to bring it back to life with some maintenance items and get it out on the road.  Reading back through these pages was like a trip back through time.  Good memories.