Question About Tranny Swap?

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

GalloK20

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: CIvic Si EP3 ,Crx Si 87 a.k.a Garage Queen
i have an 87 crx si and i was looking for any tips or if anyone do it put a hydro tranny in 1st gen if it is possible to put for example s80 tranny with the b16 swap or just go straight to the cable tranny.
Thanks
Posted Image

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Honda, in their infinite wisdom, changed the bolt pattern/bell housing on their tranny when they changed engine families. That means that the only tranny that bolts to a EW block is a stock tranny.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Reading your post I think your doing a B16 swap right? According to Hasport, there is only one option from them for the hydro swap for our cars, I think it has something to do with the clearance between the tranny/motor and the core support/radiator, but it is bolt on. Here are mounting pics, some are mine, some are off the net.
This is a sideways mount, cable goes over front of motor
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here it is mounted similar to stock position

Posted Image
Posted Image

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
The way I am leaning towards, although the don't make it for our cars, was designed by Hush Performance for the 88-91 civics and the 90-93 Integras
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Its 100% bolt on, bolts to the pedal assembly, and the way I have seen it mounted, it would pass for stock. Too bad they don't make it for the 1G/3G!!! Maybe you can talk Chedda into it! :lol:

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I might try to build something like this in the next few months, is there's a demand for it.
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I would definately buy one from you, start a interest thread and see what happens. The Hush Performance EF models

List price for $269.99 but you can buy them for $169.99.

GalloK20

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: CIvic Si EP3 ,Crx Si 87 a.k.a Garage Queen
oohh the pics that you put is hasport cable to hydro conversion kit nice
its reliable??
Posted Image

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I am still working on my swap but from what I read many people have problems consistantly engaging the clutch on the cable to hydro conversions, another reason IMHO to go with the Hush Performance style.

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am planning on tearing the dash apart on mine in a few weeks, and I will see at that time, if I can accomplish it, or not. I have a hose supplier I use all the time, that can build custom braided brake lines, so that wouldn't be an issue, and if I did build something like this, I would try to use a common master cylinder, so that replacement would be easy.
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

DaveM

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic
sorry to dig this up but did this ever go ahead?

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

You'll have to make your own..............

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=54188

Use the S2000 master cylinder, it sits at a slant and should clear the pillar

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
Well then what the hell is this for?

http://hasport.com/s...tch/efbhcl.html
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Well then what the hell is this for?

http://hasport.com/s...tch/efbhcl.html

That is one way to go, not my style, at least for my own ride that I won't be selling down the road.........for the current project I will be using up the CMA adapter in conjunction with a clutch master cylinder. With a purely hydraulic system you can install the Omni Quick Clutch master cylinder and use the Wilwood's slave cylinder.