My Crx Got Rear-ended At 50mph

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

Vitamin J

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Hatch w/ swapped built EW3, 1996 Miata
I ran out of gas and pulled to the snow lane on the highway and called my dad. I saw a Neon pull into the lane (1/4 covered in plowed snow) in my mirror, so I started hitting my brakes so she'd see my lights. She didn't slow down at all and barrelled straight into the back of my Honda. I was on the phone with my dad when she hit me and he heard me yelling and the crash and almost had a heart attack. My door was bent shut and I couldn't open it so I got in the passenger seat and started kicking it with both feet which didn't work. I had to roll down the window to climb out. Immediately I ran up on top of the snow pile and towards the concrete barrier hopped up on adrenaline.

The tail lights are about 6 inches from the back of my seat. Hopefully I'll get $1000 from her insurance company.

I didn't get a ticket. She didn't have her license on her or her proof of insurance so she got a ticket for that, plus a ticket for hitting me.

In this picture you can clearly see that the lane was not large enough for her to drive in.

I'm pretty amazed that I didn't get hurt at all. I guess Honda did a good job making the CRX safe. I had just put new brakes, brakes lines, tires, and a CD player in it. Also I finally got the motor to stop burning oil. 300,560 miles, it would have gone another 300k easily sad.gif.

I didn't really realize how much I liked this car.
Posted Image

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
that SUCKS.. i feel for you, but just be happy that you are unhurt..
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Glad you're alright. Sucks that happened. My 1st CRX got hit 8 times before finally going toward the light. Poor red reflective panel too. Grab those louvers off before scrapping it! Make some extra cash on RPR to cover a rental or pain and suffering.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Dec 27 2006, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you're alright. Sucks that happened. My 1st CRX got hit 8 times before finally going toward the light. Poor red reflective panel too. Grab those louvers off before scrapping it! Make some extra cash on RPR to cover a rental or pain and suffering.

Indeed that does suck pretty hard! but your ok!

Also, agreed, GRAB THE LOUVERS if no one will take them (very, VERY unlikely) I'm all over them...
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
sad.gif

down4ce

Glad to hear your ok wink.gif We have a pretty good list growing here of people who have crashed or been hit in their crx/civic and walked away, I thought they were deathtraps when I first got mine. You should be able to get $1000 easy, I got $850 just to repair my 86' when I hit a runaway wheel.

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What a shame...I'm glad no one was hurt. Do you plan on replacing the 1g w/another 1/3g car?

Vitamin J

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Hatch w/ swapped built EW3, 1996 Miata
Well, there are a lot of undamaged parts on that car and I have the Monkeyz-Tek rear springs sitting in my garage still, so I was thinking about getting another Si. My friend needs a winter car (he has a sport bike) so he might get a Si too. I really liked my Honduh and I'd love another one. We'll see how much I get from the insurance first.
Posted Image

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
Every CRX that dies leaves the highways a little less special. Sorry, V-J. *raises a glass* To friends not present - and to the friends who walked away!

-Gil

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
that sux man, did the snow last week have any effect on her not stopping? looks like we are getting some more of it tomorrow.

if you do part it out, i could come up and get those louvers, and maybe a few other things. what does the front bumper cover look like?
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
good to know you not hurt or worse died.
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

85Beater

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: cars he can pay cash for!
Sad to see another 1G bite the dust, I just got done bringing one back from the grave.

I would take those louvres in a heart beat, definitely pull them, and PM me after you do.
1987 CRX DX - Devacced, excellent interior, runs perfect, the fun car.
Note: 1G CRX's are not durable against late model motorcycles...

1995 Integra LS Sedan - Bone stock except for Brembo rotors and upgraded pads

85Beater's Vouch Thread

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
Glad you are alright. That really bites thogh.

If someone gave you a ticket for running out of gas I'd have to give them the biggest bitchslap!

If the insurance companey offers you a resonable ammount for the car, tell them that the luvers are not standard equipment and you want them back. Because once an insurance companey writes off a car you don't get it back. At least that's how it is here in BC. You could possibly find it in a scrap yard somewhere thogh.

Good luck!

lowered member

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
wow man i'm glad your ok with it looks like not even a scrape sorry about the car but the important thing is you are safe
[/url]

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
another thing i noticed from the pics....the roads appeared to be not the best conditions.....the neons tires are fairly aggresive lloking for street tires and most likely have horrible winter traction.

just another example of stupid ppl out there.
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread