The New Project Car

• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
here it is when i first got it today. before

how it sits now.

the car came with two intake boxes and the associated plumbing if anyone needs'em. i also have a power steering pump, heat sheild, some f'd up bracket with a pulley on it; off of the zc engine i have. and that crappy plastic tray that sits behind the seats. ultra rare jdm piece. laugh.gif j/k

not quite set on the destiny of this project, but im sure that after some more research and modification of the driver it'll see some competition.

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 01 March 2009 - 09:45 PM.

"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

down4ce

Sweet what's the deal on the tails? Little bit of jungle paint? Rust looks like it'll be a bit of an issue, good luck TT

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
some kid outlined the tails in silver paint. and thats the option red reflective panel too. mad.gif the jungle look is actually fabric that some chic put on there. RUST!!! where?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

down4ce

QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Jan 21 2005, 01:41 AM)
RUST!!!  where?

Sarcasm? laugh.gif If not from what I can see it looks ok cept for the front clip and floorboard naw meen?

JDN14

nice garage.

Good luck, looks like you've got your work cut out for you.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
DUDE DUDE DUDE!!! wanna sell me them door panels for my girlfriends car? serious. those are HOTT!!!

plus i need that plastic tray that sits behind the seats. well, i need the cover for it really and the back carpet.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cool, in the horrid shape it is in now, you know the before and after picture comparison is going to be amazing!

And I think you should leave the door panels, those are classic!

I'm guessing you are putting in the ZC... anything else?

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
Is that a JDM shovel?
Ibet that will shovel the driveway in 1/2 the time!

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
e-at me:
your welcome to the door panel if your serious. you're weird tongue.gif

rampage:
no the zc that has just been collecting dust will eventually go in the daily driver. think corvette hunter. the engine in this one i was going to rebuild n/a according to one of the lower classes of scca guidelines. thats where the more research comes in. im not sure of what is allowed and what is not. i've read thru the guidelines and the way that its worded confuses me. here is the link that im looking at. ist there somewhere else where it is more spelled out?

oh yeah, whats the easiest way to get the windshield out?

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 21 January 2005 - 11:44 AM.

vouch thread 1 2

C8V6C

Yeah, looks like a huge garage......and a huge amount of work ahead for you lol

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
I literally shuttered when I saw the door panel. But if it doesn't have any rust, and the body looks nice and straight, it'll be a good project car.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
they have paint stripper that is safe for plastic so you can take that crap of the tail lights.

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
here is the trick for taking out windshields: guitar string. you just take off the molding and use a punch or something sharp to make a hole in the caulk and fish the guitar string in and move it back and forth all the way around, walla!!!! tricks of the trade.
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Jan 21 2005, 11:41 AM)
thats where the more research comes in.  im not sure of what is allowed and what is not.  i've read thru the guidelines and the way that its worded  confuses me. here is the link that im looking at.  ist there somewhere else where it is more spelled out?

scott

The SCCA has the full 2005 rulebook availible on PDF at their website. Hopefully that helps you out. Good luck with the project!

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
update:

were are just two axles and a fuel line away from pulling the engine. here's where we are now.

the problem were haveing is getting this fuel line off of the filter. the top banjo fitting is being difficult. is there something i should know?

is the bitch pin supposed to be hard to get in or out? thanks for the guitar string tip for the windshield. unfortunately we had already started manhandling it out of the car when we got it. besides i play a classical guitar. huh.gif

does anybody need a sunroof? dont know if it works, but looks like its in good shape.

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 01 March 2009 - 09:49 PM.

vouch thread 1 2