23 replies to this topic

C8V6C

Definetly a nice find.....looks great

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I don't know. It looks really nice. Great shape. But F1 CRXs were a dime a dozen in America. All my friends had them. I kinda have a Ballade Sport theme going on, sorta. If you'd like to trade, say, the steering wheel, mudflaps, easy to reproduce stickers, dash, or seats for some Ultrarare USDM ones in good condition, let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help you out. But, it does look really good. The ZC is sweet. Congrats.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Chris is a funny guy. biggrin.gif

CRX F1, man. Rare, rare, rare. You are lucky to have one.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
wow.....stunning.....keep that baby garaged
user posted image

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mindlessracing @ Oct 17 2006, 09:39 PM)
wow.....stunning.....keep that baby garaged

i agree smile.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
Welcome Kristoo!

awesome to see that car go to someone who loves gen1s!!!

I've seen it on Carsales.com.au smile.gif and was telling ppl in my crx club to get it.

Good luck with it - and keep it as original as you possibly can - even simple disc brake conversion can devalue the car in the future smile.gif

WOOHOO for a CRX in Australia! Well done!

and if you get a chance - get the latest Hot4s issue 144 and check out my GENONE! tongue.gif
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
Nice Score smile.gif
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

kristoo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 JDM CRX F-1 Special Edition, 1986 AUDM Civic GL Hatch
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks for all the kind words folks. smile.gif

For all those who may be worried about its future, fear not, it will be well looked after. It's going need a a bit of time and money to get back into really good condition, but I think it's worth it. There aren't really many people over here who can appreciate what it is so I'm glad you guys do.

QUOTE (GENONE @ Oct 18 2006, 01:48 PM)
Welcome Kristoo!

awesome to see that car go to someone who loves gen1s!!!

I've seen it on Carsales.com.au smile.gif and was telling ppl in my crx club to get it.

Good luck with it - and keep it as original as you possibly can - even simple disc brake conversion can devalue the car in the future smile.gif

WOOHOO for a CRX in Australia! Well done!

and if you get a chance - get the latest Hot4s issue 144 and check out my GENONE! tongue.gif

I'm not going to change anything from stock, basically because I think it was the best model from the factory, and I don't see many modifications which could improve it. Certainly none visually.

HOWEVER, there are a couple of exceptions:

I know what you're saying about the brakes GENONE, and I agree on principle, but frankly I like discs, and on top of that some people just can't look past the drums. I think it's worth a small concession in originality to win over a few more fans smile.gif If I ever do swap discs onto the back, I'll be able to put the drums back on later if I really want to get it back to absolute stock. I'm not going to be throwing away any of the hardware.

I'm also happy to make improvements to suspension. I haven't even gotten a wheel off yet, but there is a bad, bad rattle from the rear right, which I'm guessing means new shocks at the least, but possibly new bushings which may as well be urethane. Front struts may need replacing too.

Tein coilovers would be lovely, but I don't have that sort of cash handy, and wont for a little while, I've already stretched a fair bit just to get the car when it came along.

I should mention I've been following your progress with your 'rexs since you joined here too (I've always been envious) and yes, I've read the Hot4s article wink.gif

I'll start a worklog thread for the car in the CRX technical section once I have a chance to start looking over it.

Edited by kristoo, 18 October 2006 - 02:40 AM.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Wow that's a sexy car buddy. Very nice find. wink.gif she will bring you lots of plesure.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.