←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

In Case You Havnt Heard Of This

zakats's Photo zakats 28 Jun 2006

http://somender-sing...tent/view/7/31/

I've heard a lotta claims saying they make pretty good power and increased drivability when doin this. I don't know if this has been posted here before but its worth a look. Kinda reminds you of cvcc huh?

your thoughts? oh has anyone tried this with one of our heads?

-Zak

Kanyooheermi's Photo Kanyooheermi 28 Jun 2006

Intrestin.

hawk86's Photo hawk86 28 Jun 2006

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif wow im going to do this!!!!!

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 28 Jun 2006

good luck!

RineRacing's Photo RineRacing 28 Jun 2006

I don't see how this could apply to the EW motor, as the combustion chamber is already the same size as the cylinder. Most of the example pictures there are on motors that have significantly smaller combustion chambers relative to the cylinder size, thus plenty of area to ‘groove’.

Xipher's Photo Xipher 28 Jun 2006

Interesting indeed!

hawk86's Photo hawk86 28 Jun 2006

i have a d16 did you see the one pic with the cylender head that had four valves i could work it just trial and error

nature223's Photo nature223 28 Jun 2006

QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 28 2006, 01:58 PM)
http://somender-sing...tent/view/7/31/

I've heard a lotta claims saying they make pretty good power and increased drivability when doin this. I don't know if this has been posted here before but its worth a look. Kinda reminds you of cvcc huh?

your thoughts?  oh  has anyone tried this with one of our heads?

-Zak

I read about this a few years ago..and YEAHhhh it does sound interesting...but Signh is also a SMART ass Indian dude and has trial and error on his side....
You do this incorrectly,you just fragged one perfectly decent head...
I wouldnt,the reason he even did this is the shit ass quality of the fuel they have there in his part of india....
even with their low ass compression ratio,it pops and farts like a carbon fog decended upon it from the neatherworld...it NEEDED these mods to fire reasonably well.
doooooo not do this unless you have a degree in thermodynamics,know exactly where and DEPTH and design of the cuts,and as the major ..possess fast firing engine design tweaks and methdologies theories and the ways to execute them.
best case,it works....
worst case you weaken an already thin area that was made thin to save weight and still have sufficient workable strength,and hog into a water jacket,or a oil galley feed.....I'd say badddd juju.
drive it as is,or get a octane booster.
it's cheap and the shit works.
Edited by nature223, 28 June 2006 - 11:59 PM.

zakats's Photo zakats 29 Jun 2006

i got an extra si head that I've been wanting to start cleaning up... maybe I'll consider doing it on that

IfTakumiDroveACRX's Photo IfTakumiDroveACRX 29 Jun 2006

I definately would try this but I'd pay for them to do it since I don't believe I could even come close to knowing how placement of the groove affects the maximum combustion acheivable. Just my 2­˘ ! wink.gif

Kanyooheermi's Photo Kanyooheermi 29 Jun 2006

ANyone notice the almost 20% loss in performance on the Semi modification
and the *SLight gain over stock when fully modded?
i dont even know what hondas look like under the Top.. only the bottom..lol
i figured theyd be pretty efficient already.