Guess What I Just Did

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

fastcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
Well guess what i just did, it starts with blew and ends with up. I believe that i just spun a rod bearing in my civic. For those that don't know I have a d16 in it. I know that this engine is no longer good due to running the engine for up to 30min after it started knocking. Lucklly I have another engine to go in it. It is a 1.5 but oh well, i was planning on swaping the engine thie summer.

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
before you write it off, drop the oil pan and physically check to see which rod is loose on the crank, and go from there. at the very worst you will need new mains, rod bearings, a rod and a j-yard crank.
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
At the very worst he could have bent the crank and run all of the metal shavings from the bearing through the motor.

I looked at it the other night and I'm still not conviced that it's blown though. It's doing strange stuff. The knock comes and goes.....strange!

Rob
Must.....go......racing.......

fastcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
Well the engine is comming out, it appears that it did not spin a rod bearing. We have it narrowed down to the input shaft of the tranny so we are swaping out the engine and tranny. I have a spare 1.5 with tranny sitting in front of the car right now so it is definately going in the car by friday.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
See PM!!!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"