Itb's - Part One

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    Garage View Garage
So far we have to rig up vaccum, TPS and to figure out all the wiring for the wideband and fuel management.... oh! get the wideband mounted... and air filtration.

One of the first to do this on a d15a3!

Ok... here's what they look like:

Here's a view into them...

Another Angle...

Part of the TPS Situation

TPS plate and nut removed..

Side View

Bored out nut

Edited by lemons, 02 December 2004 - 10:03 PM.

I have nothing...

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Looks so far so good. Those Suzuki's have a whole lot less shit all over them compared to the Hondas. I am looking for a Samurai as a winter vehicle. If I get one I'll throw those on (I saw a Camry today for $1000 and 115k mi., I will turn it down for a Samurai). About the wideband wiring, if you use the stock mounting location, it should take you no more than 30min. to set up, 30min. with a beer in one hand. It's so easy.

Edited by Omega Mugen, 02 December 2004 - 10:39 PM.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
That is SICK lemons, SICK!!!

Keep up the sickness, man! cool.gif

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

down4ce

QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Dec 2 2004, 10:39 PM)
Looks so far so good.  Those Suzuki's have a whole lot less shit all over them compared to the Hondas.  I am looking for a Samurai as a winter vehicle.  If I get one I'll throw those on (I saw a Camry today for $1000 and 115k mi., I will turn it down for a Samurai).  About the wideband wiring, if you use the stock mounting location, it should take you no more than 30min. to set up, 30min. with a beer in one hand.  It's so easy.

my friend daryl has a black one with a new motor if you're interested?

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I just have to fiure out what wires are what, i've just started working on cars this year smile.gif I'm only 18 so... no beer for me...
My dad will help me, i tihnk he's impressed how much i've learned in such a short time.
Anyway, we tried getting the o2 sensor out and that's not happening, so were gonna weld a new bung in the downpipe, plus this way, it'll be mounted in the proper 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock position. THEN i have to wire the SMC and start the tuning!

THEN! i have the start saving for more parts when this is done. Camshaft, valve grind and head porting, mill the head, exhaust header, and then a car actually WORTHY of all this stuff.
I have nothing...

CRXdan

Good work man. nice to finaly see some progress. it shoudl sound awesome!
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

sdubfid

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Wagovan
Looks awesome. A local with a vw rabbit did the same thing basically. It was an 8v and put down 153hp? at the wheels. Also had megasquirt and major headwork/cam/compression. With your wideband and a cam you should see some nice numbers.

Kurt

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Looks good and you have some length in your runners so thats a good thing. It will be nice to see how they Pull / sound, keep us posted.

What car/bike did the ITB come off?

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Dec 2 2004, 08:39 PM)
About the wideband wiring, if you use the stock mounting location, it should take you no more than 30min. to set up, 30min. with a beer in one hand.  It's so easy.

At least for the Bosch sensor used for my AEM, they recommend that it be quite a bit further downstream than the stock O2 sensor is- 18" at a minimum, or 24+ (I think) if the car will see unusually high EGT's for long periods of time (turbo, or in my case, 20+ minute sessions at track days). The bung for mine is welded into the exhaust, right in front of the cat.

The wiring, however, is a piece of cake- just get +12V and a ground to the controller, and plug the sensor in smile.gif.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
Very nice work.. Looks good.. Keep it up.. wink.gif I can't wait to hear how it performs.. biggrin.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vandemar @ Dec 3 2004, 04:35 AM)
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Dec 2 2004, 08:39 PM)
About the wideband wiring, if you use the stock mounting location, it should take you no more than 30min. to set up, 30min. with a beer in one hand.  It's so easy.

At least for the Bosch sensor used for my AEM, they recommend that it be quite a bit further downstream than the stock O2 sensor is- 18" at a minimum, or 24+ (I think) if the car will see unusually high EGT's for long periods of time (turbo, or in my case, 20+ minute sessions at track days). The bung for mine is welded into the exhaust, right in front of the cat.

The wiring, however, is a piece of cake- just get +12V and a ground to the controller, and plug the sensor in smile.gif.

It's a bit more then that, mine has data logging. it logs - MAP pressure/vaccume, rpm's, tps %, afr, o2 sensor voltage and so on. plus it also has a narrow band output to feed the stock ecu, and a hook-up for an EGT probe.
I have nothing...

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
very very nice!!!, its a good idea to use something you can change the length on so you can move your torque curve around. depending on the setup usually a shorter runner will equate to higher rpm tourque curve. cant wait to see it perfrom and some dyno runs!

Sean

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (lemons @ Dec 3 2004, 06:35 AM)
It's a bit more then that, mine has data logging. it logs - MAP pressure/vaccume, rpm's, tps %, afr, o2 sensor voltage and so on. plus it also has a narrow band output to feed the stock ecu, and a hook-up for an EGT  probe.

Yours does all that? My Innovate requires a $100 harness and an inductive pickup for the RPMs to do that. How much was yours?

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
my friend daryl has a black one with a new motor if you're interested? [/QUOTE]
Hardtop or soft? I am looking for a hardtop.

Edited by Omega Mugen, 03 December 2004 - 09:43 AM.

ea_hatch

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch with ls/vtec
itb's r the shizzle